Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 09-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #41
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Glad I could be of help, Mr. J. I would hate to see somebody sink $60 into a game and not be able to enjoy it. I mean, I give Bungie credit -- the games are beautiful to play, but they are WORK. And a lot of co-op work. I found that after the months of grinding out Destiny, it was refreshing to play solo games like Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, or replay Last of Us.

I don't have kids, but I know they are work and take away from recreational time. What I was amazed by is some of the people I raided with on Destiny HAD young kids. And they would just play for HOURS with me while their spouses tended to the kids. I was like WTF is going on here?!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:08 PM   #42
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Glad I could be of help, Mr. J. I would hate to see somebody sink $60 into a game and not be able to enjoy it. I mean, I give Bungie credit -- the games are beautiful to play, but they are WORK. And a lot of co-op work. I found that after the months of grinding out Destiny, it was refreshing to play solo games like Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, or replay Last of Us.

I don't have kids, but I know they are work and take away from recreational time. What I was amazed by is some of the people I raided with on Destiny HAD young kids. And they would just play for HOURS with me while their spouses tended to the kids. I was like WTF is going on here?!
I can hear my wife screaming if I did that.

Oh wait, I have even after 15 mins of playing
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:37 AM   #43
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Bungie lost me on the first game when they blatantly lied about the quality of the story to help sell copies. They stated it had a story that was on par with Lord of the Rings and Star Wars quality wise, lol. And the story wound up being one of the single owrst aspects of the game. I traded my copy in about a month later and never looked back.

If Bungie winds up creating a new IP somewhere down the line, I will give them another go, but I for one refuse to suppory Destiny in any way whatsoever. There are way too many quality games out these days to support a developer that blatantly lies to their fanbase. And i don't care what anyone says, the develpers at Bungie knew full well that Destiny's story didn't even come close to matching Lard of the Rings or Star Wars. Again, it was a blatant lie told right before the game launched to help ensure solid sales out of the gate.

So for Destiny 2 I can only say thanks, but no thanks!! Plus I'll be too busy replaying many of my favorite Xbox One games that are getting 4k updates, like Witcher 3 and Quantum Break.
D1 is very Lore rich but it was all available outside the game, the taken king expansion really was when they hit their stride. D2 has a much more easy to follow story. The truth is D1 was a f$&kin mess but somehow the community kept the game alive by discussing the lore and breaking it down for everyone. I have put about 1500 hrs in D1 and I loved everybit of it but evern I am well aware of it's shortcomings. D2 is a mixed bag ,some improvements and some boneheaded descisions. But anyonewho hasn't played D1 can get into D2 easily.

Most importantly Destiny is a social game and best played with friends and has experiences you will remember for a lifetime. If u play it solo it gets boring quick.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #44
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

While I don't have any children, I do have a wife who told me she needs my attention from the beginning and I married her knowing that LOL! I actually don't mind (hence the marriage thing) but that just means *gasp* video games aren't priority. I play when I can and enjoy when I do. To your point I actually have a friend who no joke plays 5 hours every night through the week and even more on the weekend. His wife.... seems less than pleased. They just had a kid and I still see him online all the time so I wonder how that is going. I can't even begin to imagine. I know when I introduce a kid into the mix I can see myself getting maybe 30 mins a week tops. And I'm ok with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I can hear my wife screaming if I did that.

Oh wait, I have even after 15 mins of playing
Soldiers of the same struggle!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:45 PM   #45
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
D1 is very Lore rich but it was all available outside the game, the taken king expansion really was when they hit their stride. D2 has a much more easy to follow story. The truth is D1 was a f$&kin mess but somehow the community kept the game alive by discussing the lore and breaking it down for everyone. I have put about 1500 hrs in D1 and I loved everybit of it but evern I am well aware of it's shortcomings. D2 is a mixed bag ,some improvements and some boneheaded descisions. But anyonewho hasn't played D1 can get into D2 easily.
As I said, Bungle blatantly lied about the quality of the in game story for D1. The level of lore outside the game is utterly irrelvant as that was not what Bungie was referring too and even the level of lore outside of the game doesnt even come close to matching Lord of the Rings, one of the most loved book series of all time. The story in D1 was so bad it was comical.

Quote:
Most importantly Destiny is a social game and best played with friends and has experiences you will remember for a lifetime. If u play it solo it gets boring quick.
Every MMO is a social game and is best played with freinds. I have been playing MMO's since Ultima Online and EverQuest and have put more hours into World of Warcraft than just about any other game I have ever played. If Bungie hadn't blatantly lied to their customer base and hyped Destiny up to ridiculous levels, I might have stuck around actually played it for awhile, but the truth of the matter is that D1 was a train wreck of epic proprotions in terms of story and that is the single most important aspect of gaming for me. So again, I am done with Bungie and Destiny. The only way I will ever play another Bungie game is if they create a new IP and don't hype it up to ridiculous levels.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:18 PM   #46
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Well, this game turned out to be a disaster. Once you reach max level and do the raid, there's absolutely nothing left to do. The Faction Rally and Iron Banner events were huge duds as well.

The lack of diverse loot and collectibles really hurt this game. It took me years to get most of the exotics in Destiny 1, whereas Destiny 2 has been out less than two months and I already have all the weapons...

I purchased the $100 Digital Deluxe version and I feel like I've been ripped off. Bungie has promised to address some of the glaring issues (such as the broken matchmaking and RNG) and there'll be some new content in December, but I'm not getting my hopes up until some real changes are actually made.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #47
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

+1. This game got stale super quick. Thanks gamefly!!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:23 AM   #48
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Anyone in an Xbox clan that would like two more members? My husband and I just got Destiny 2 and don't have a clan yet.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #49
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/...ansion-trailer

Game Informer also released a ton of new information about the expansion today. The new supers and the all the various changes seem great, but I'm still a bit wary. I love the series to death, but it shouldn't have to rely on an expansion to save it... After everything that happened with the original Destiny, there's no reason why Destiny 2 shouldn't have been perfect from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Anyone in an Xbox clan that would like two more members? My husband and I just got Destiny 2 and don't have a clan yet.
Do you still need one? Send me a PM.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:04 PM   #50
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

So ready for the Forsaken launch today!!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote