Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #4031
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Guys, its a mess....

I have advised Jerry what to do (a couple of months ago). MK line is a dead (MK as a license is dead). SF is slowly dying (an old video game license), PCS needs to find a new "niche". Sure Jerry made a lot of money in the past, but its time to think of his legacy. The only way to seal his legacy is eg to go over and create a 1/3 comic Hulk for Sideshow as a freelancer or a 1/3 Juggie. A licensed one though. Not a custom. ONLY licensed and numbered products will pass the test of time.

The market is WAY toooooo crowded, sales are going down, PCS should find a new "niche" or better cooperate with Sideshow. It would be a nice idea cause i love Jerry and i love Sideshow too.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #4032
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yeah, pretty much my only issue seeing as how a lot of ppl pay aftermarket prices for something that was sold out pretty fast initially. And then after the really long wait they come in stock at retail and are most likely sent out as AP's, which means they're extras/replacements. Who knows how many "AP's" are out there.

Also the heavily discounted prices on some pieces that I paid full retail immediately when they went up for order and then waiting god knows how long only to have them be in stock now at cut rate prices.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #4033
addic
The X-Men

I paid aftermarket for my Scorpion. So seeing them selling extra statues labelled as AP just adds to my anger because of the ES raise.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:08 PM   #4034
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

With all respect to everyone that paid aftermarket prices don't take it out on pcs you made your personal choice. A company can't be responsible for what you decide to pay for a statue. Not happy they did it but they like every other compAny they here to make money. Don't let great customer service, flawless paint, reasonable prices, fast shipping etc from other companies cloud your judgement all competing with each other all need to pay bills all want as much money as possible. Pcs just takes more and offer less.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:12 PM   #4035
Indridcold99
The Avengers

MK will Never Die !
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #4036
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
With all respect to everyone that paid aftermarket prices don't take it out on pcs you made your personal choice. A company can't be responsible for what you decide to pay for a statue. Not happy they did it but they like every other compAny they here to make money. Don't let great customer service, flawless paint, reasonable prices, fast shipping etc from other companies cloud your judgement all competing with each other all need to pay bills all want as much money as possible. Pcs just takes more and offer less.
I just wish they had a wait list available for this before it shipped.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:50 PM   #4037
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I just wish they had a wait list available for this before it shipped.
There was a waitlist, but they cut it off after a certain amount. They don't do waitlist anymore, but during this time there was one present.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:56 PM   #4038
BurningRage
Inhumans

I emailed them about the wait list after Sub-Zero pre-order and they said they didn't have one so I had to buy from SimplyToys.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #4039
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
I emailed them about the wait list after Sub-Zero pre-order and they said they didn't have one so I had to buy from SimplyToys.
Word. Same scenario. So I payed a marked up distributor price. Not aftermarket. Totally not happy about that. Plus the $250 shipping charge.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #4040
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
They didn't institute waitlists until later than that but they still did them for earlier pieces.

Then the waitlists became too much with for their CS which already had problems and they closed them.

People really need to see it from their point of view.

Make too few replacements people get upset if there aren't replacements available. They don't know how these things are ultimately going to arrive and it's easy to see what should have been done differently after the hindsight of pieces arriving broken.

Then there's fickle collectors that cancel whether justifiable or not. PCS ultimately doesn't know what it will get from China either.

Bowen reserved at least nearly 40 APs of every statue that he sat on for a rainy day... and when they closed he cashed them in.

2 years ago the market was white hot. Now sitting on huge boxes of stock for a while doesn't seem the best idea.

If Jerry signing a base underneath moves a few more out the door then so be it.

This is the least of their problems. Delaying entire lines until interest wanes is a recipe for disaster.
They need to go back to (and should have stayed) doing 3-4 statues per year and leave people clamoring for more. The industry may not allow for it though and it may be too late anyway. Anyone ever considered PCS's release rate prior 2014 vs. 2015, 2016?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote