Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #4041
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
With all respect to everyone that paid aftermarket prices don't take it out on pcs you made your personal choice. A company can't be responsible for what you decide to pay for a statue. Not happy they did it but they like every other compAny they here to make money. Don't let great customer service, flawless paint, reasonable prices, fast shipping etc from other companies cloud your judgement all competing with each other all need to pay bills all want as much money as possible. Pcs just takes more and offer less.
I disagree with this. If PCS is truly selling extras as APs after all this time, it is a slap in the face to everyone and puts into question the company's credibility. Frankly, PCS should do away with APs altogether. Just do an edition size of "x" and be done with it.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:59 PM   #4042
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I disagree with this. If PCS is truly selling extras as APs after all this time, it is a slap in the face to everyone and puts into question the company's credibility. Frankly, PCS should do away with APs altogether. Just do an edition size of "x" and be done with it.
The companies credibility was already questioned when

1. Owner rants at his customers on social media when they disagree with him or bring up legitamate concerns (although I condone some of the rants)
2. 2 plus year back log on shipping statues
3. 6 months back log in shipping statues when in hands
4. Production pieces 80% like proto sometimes less
5. Months to refund customers or solve their issues
6. Random changes in edition size without notice
7. Customer service, shipping manager, website technician, factory manager, the man that sweeps the office all replaced every few months
8. No official updates on anything just on statue forum
9. When positive feedback and praises are given replies can be found instantly any concerns about anything such as what's been happening with these APS and people getting chances at statues long sold out hell I still want to know why my vega's hair is touching his lips no response.

Damn I don't have a number 10 so screw it here is your number 10 FERRARI.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #4043
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
They didn't institute waitlists until later than that but they still did them for earlier pieces.

Then the waitlists became too much with for their CS which already had problems and they closed them.

People really need to see it from their point of view.

Make too few replacements people get upset if there aren't replacements available. They don't know how these things are ultimately going to arrive and it's easy to see what should have been done differently after the hindsight of pieces arriving broken.

Then there's fickle collectors that cancel whether justifiable or not. PCS ultimately doesn't know what it will get from China either.

Bowen reserved at least nearly 40 APs of every statue that he sat on for a rainy day... and when they closed he cashed them in.

2 years ago the market was white hot. Now sitting on huge boxes of stock for a while doesn't seem the best idea.

If Jerry signing a base underneath moves a few more out the door then so be it.

This is the least of their problems. Delaying entire lines until interest wanes is a recipe for disaster.
They need to go back to (and should have stayed) doing 3-4 statues per year and leave people clamoring for more. The industry may not allow for it though and it may be too late anyway. Anyone ever considered PCS's release rate prior 2014 vs. 2015, 2016?
Very good points very good but

I can't accept pcs doesn't know what China will give them if you don't know what they will give you in terms of final product you shouldn't be selling statues or do what Sosa or first 4 figure is doing when preorder comes show production pieces NOT prototypes this way you know what factory can do and what they can't. I know I know it costs money but we need to stop doing these discounts and get the true prices of whAt it will cost to get our statues looking more close to proto and shipping it to us at reasonable times. I don't blame Jerry for ranting at times people want 5,000 worth of product but want to pay 500. Enough with these discounts let pcs get the good factories with the money we give them and let these delays and qc issues end. Or you can have your discounts and this cycle will keep on going. I was never a fan of these discounts after seeing what it's doing to final product and waiting times.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:53 AM   #4044
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
When stuff went down...instead of talking through and making things right (or at least admitting and moving on)...company interaction just dropped to almost 0.

For me, my final decision is going to be based on how smoothly this Conan rolls out.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #4045
ambasah
Red Skull

lol, you killed me! : )

Quote:

1. Owner rants at his customers on social media when they disagree with him or bring up legitamate concerns (although I condone some of the rants)
7. Customer service, shipping manager, website technician, factory manager, the man that sweeps the office all replaced every few months
9. When positive feedback and praises are given replies can be found instantly any concerns about anything such as what's been happening with these APS and people getting chances at statues long sold out hell I still want to know why my vega's hair is touching his lips no response.

ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #4046
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:

One of the best posts I read on here.
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #4047
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I'll add one more thing. PCS built their business on the fact that their old pieces have high value and are very sought after. To me, they shouldn't bring that up to promote new pieces if they're going to flood the market with multiple 1/4 versions of the same characters also with multiple Exclusives on top of how many regs are out there. I love most of their statues and sculpts but don't blame all the problems on being a small "art studio" when you're having preorders at a very high rate and apparently doing very well.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #4048
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

qz33

i agree. Ive actually told Jerry to slim POs down BIG TIME in order to clean the mess. But with MK out of discussion and SF having only the 1/3 as a huge success, PCS needs to find something else, apart from 1/3 SF.

Better take your team (2-3 sculptors you work with, Rebecca) and team up with Sideshow for new lines. PCS team GOATs when sculpting big beefed up characters so Sideshow could assign many projects to them. Its also a thing of Jerry's legacy. With video games statues, he needs something more popular, DC/Marvel to achieve greatness.

Ive proposed many things months ago, im sure Jerry will consider some of my proposals
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #4049
Atimantium
Hydra

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5672.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	107010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5673.jpg
Views:	40