Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-19-2017, 08:45 PM   #41
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The whole thing is a mess. I don't believe anyone at this point. Seems the people in charge don't even know what's fully going on.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #42
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, I'll just wait for the trailer.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #43
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Apparently Carnage will be the villain.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:55 PM   #44
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Apparently Carnage will be the villain.
Isn't Venom the villain?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #45
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Isn't Venom the villain?
I'm sure they'll make him into an anti-villain.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:35 AM   #46
Marvelito

Did/does anyone want this film?

I thought one of the reasons they hired such a young unknown actor to play Peter/Spidey was so that he would be around a while, ala RDJ. By him hopefully being in the role for an extended period it would lend itself to building a Spider-verse. This all strikes me as putting the cart before the horse.

Everyone wants a "universe" but no one wants to take their time and grow it organically, letting it build and happen as a natural progression. They want their money and they want it now!

What do I know though. Maybe Sony is building it their way and it's just not clear yet. Maybe the Spidey films will build towards the Sinister Six, while Venom, Black Cat and Silver Sable do their thing. All of this will culminate in a battle royale film where they team up to take down the Sinister Six. Maybe Green Goblin will be the Thanos of this universe and it's all building towards coming together to take him down. Whatever it is, hopefully it's good.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #47
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Everyone wants a "universe" but no one wants to take their time and grow it organically, letting it build and happen as a natural progression. They want their money and they want it now!
Well to Sony's credit, they have to keep making these movies or else lose rights due to inactivity, ala Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Punisher.

If I was Amy Pascal, I would absolutely find ways to milk the Spidey verse and maximize my profit margin for this franchise.

Afterall, this IS a business.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #48
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Well to Sony's credit, they have to keep making these movies or else lose rights due to inactivity, ala Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Punisher.

If I was Amy Pascal, I would absolutely find ways to milk the Spidey verse and maximize my profit margin for this franchise.

Afterall, this IS a business.
I don't dispute any of that, and of course it's a business, but most times I don't think whoever is in charge at the moment thinks long term for their business. They just think "right now". I think that if they took their time and really planned things they could have it all, but I don't think studios have the patience for that and they end up losing money in the long run because of it.

Fox could have built a universe out of Fantastic Four by now, they have a bunch of characters to build a universe with. But they've had two failed attempts at getting it going. They should cut their losses at this point and either give up the rights or follow Sony's lead and cut a similar deal. But instead they'll most likely try to keep cramming crappy sequels/reboots/re-imaginings/re-launces and whatever other "re-" you can think of just to keep the rights to the FF.

In regards to Spidey, I now read that Kraven and Mystery will be getting films as well. I don't know if that means together or separate, but it looks like they are going to do a reverse Avengers. The villains will be getting solo films all building up to them joining forces to take on Spider-Man. It will be interesting to see what comes of all of this.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:44 AM   #49
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

And the truth comes out. Spider-Man will not be a part of this universe. Like I said, this is a mess. I can't believe Tom Hardy signed on for this. I hope he drops out and this whole idea about creating a sub-universe of Spider-Man villains without Spider-Man is abandoned.

http://screenrant.com/amy-pascal-son...ver-black-mcu/
Old 06-26-2017, 03:48 AM   #50
Vracula
Jedi Order

I have this feeling that is Venom gonna end up being a Hero.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote