Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #21
BattyDave19
Death is hereditary.

last 2 shows i saw was, unhollie aliace tour with slayer, lamb of god, and mastodon.great show and the other was sounds of the underground
BattyDave19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #22
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian
I might suggest giving Sirius satellite a whirl. They have a few channels that cater to independant tastes, and a lot of others worth listening to. The CBC station plays all Canadian Indy, which is some of the best tunage I've ever heard.

Canadian tunes are pretty good. Some of my fave bands are from there. Metric and Death from Above 1979 to name some. I don't have the cash for Sirius, but I do have launch radio that caters as well, but since I have so much music as is, I rarely use it heh.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #23
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Canadian tunes are pretty good. Some of my fave bands are from there. Metric and Death from Above 1979 to name some. I don't have the cash for Sirius, but I do have launch radio that caters as well, but since I have so much music as is, I rarely use it heh.
I dig that, for sure. But I've actually been introduced to many bands that I've never heard of by mags or friends that truly have the edge. It's a great way to keep up on brand new stuff...as if there isn't enuf old good stuff to listen to.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:35 PM   #24
ANGRYCOMICMAN
Cobra Command

Since you were talking about Canadians - I took the wife to Vegas last year to see Celine Dion, front row. Great show, she can wail for a little thing. Before that Jethro Tull & E.L.+P. in NJ. My kids go to all the Ozfests & Goth fests, and some realing great industrial metal concerts. I just pay.
ANGRYCOMICMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #25
homerthegreat
Comic Relief

death from above is really cool until you realize they aren't really cool. i mean, one bass tone the entire album. all runs together/all sounds the same. favourite canadians are feist, arcade fire, of montreal, islands, lovely feathers, unicorns, final fantasy, and SLOAN.
homerthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #26
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerthegreat
death from above is really cool until you realize they aren't really cool. i mean, one bass tone the entire album. all runs together/all sounds the same. favourite canadians are feist, arcade fire, of montreal, islands, lovely feathers, unicorns, final fantasy, and SLOAN.

Haha I agree with them, I hated them at first but dug their album as repetitive as it sounded. But for a better 2 piece band, my fave would be The Black Keys. Amazing live and on CD I recommend them. They're from Akron Ohio. Feist is good, I like Broken Social Scene as well. Arcade Fire is great as well. Of course the Feathers, not so much into the others. I saw Sloan live but they never really wowed me.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:41 AM   #27
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Haha I agree with them, I hated them at first but dug their album as repetitive as it sounded. But for a better 2 piece band, my fave would be The Black Keys. Amazing live and on CD I recommend them. They're from Akron Ohio. Feist is good, I like Broken Social Scene as well. Arcade Fire is great as well. Of course the Feathers, not so much into the others. I saw Sloan live but they never really wowed me.
the black keys are good, remind me a little of eaglews of death metal....
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:08 AM   #28
Tattoo-X

Last month I saw Blake Shelton & Gary Allan one night, and later Smash Mouth.
This week I'll see Lonestar, Alice Cooper, Kenny Loggins, and SheDaisy.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:51 AM   #29
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF
the black keys are good, remind me a little of eaglews of death metal....

Awww that's horrible! Cause the Black Keys have been around longer then that little side project band!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #30
homerthegreat
Comic Relief

Quote:
But for a better 2 piece band, my fave would be The Black Keys.
stripes, kills, schwervon, centrimonium chloride, postal service, xiu xiu, tenacious d (if counts)

homerthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote