Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 03-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #111
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

you people just don't get it. you elaborately attempt to discount the simplest of points or statements made to fit your argument.

i don't know how to put it any other way than this.

there is NO CURE OR TREATMENT FOR AD!!! anything else is just speculation and conjecture. here is a link that PROVES my statement in bold. anyone have a problem when the alzheimer's association says it?

MYTH 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_diseas...alzheimers.asp

and here's some facts and figures from the EXPERTS! not some scientist from bum*uck egypt hoping for a grant to pay his bills. read them and then try to fuel your unsubstantiated argument.

http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_facts_figures.asp

and for you guys trying to wear me down....right here buds!!!

you guys can focus on the amazing fruit fly cure. i'll live in reality.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #112
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
there is NO CURE OR TREATMENT FOR AD!!! anything else is just speculation and conjecture.
Nobody that I've seen has ever said there is one, nor did the article in the OP. Nobody is trying to wear you down, you're simply arguing against something that you made up on your own that doesn't exist in this thread.

In case it's not clear, this thread is about scientific progress that may or may not one day lead to a cure, that's it. You seriously need to educate yourself on the scientific process as well, since you have some outright bizarre beliefs about it.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #113
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
Nobody that I've seen has ever said there is one, nor did the article in the OP. Nobody is trying to wear you down, you're simply arguing against something that you made up on your own that doesn't exist in this thread.

In case it's not clear, this thread is about scientific progress that may or may not one day lead to a cure, that's it. You seriously need to educate yourself on the scientific process as well, since you have some outright bizarre beliefs about it.
there have been hundreds of these kinds of AD research breakthroughs over the past 20 years. NONE have resulted in a cure or even treatment for the disease. you must feel real good about this one to put up such a fight to defend their findings. they've convinced you after reading just one article. are you going to write them a check?

this may be the definitive cure we've been waiting for but please keep in mind...results may vary. the fruit fly community is rejoicing from your support. i think you backed the right horse....or fly if you will. 20 years of failure and finally...the cure.

oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #114
dr_teng

I'm simply puzzled at how you're fighting an enemy that doesn't exist.

Yes, scientific research takes time and lots of failed experiments. It's not easy. Would you prefer they give up and never create a cure or treatment? Because those are your two options.

At any rate, I hope some progress is made with potential cures, because there sure isn't going to be any made in this thread! So I'll take my leave.