Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: What would you like to see with the Flash PF portraits?
I don't care for extra portraits. Just keep Flash masked. 91 40.09%
I want a Wally West portrait. 16 7.05%
I want a Barry Allen portrait. 47 20.70%
I want both Barry and Wally as extra portraits. 73 32.16%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #21
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Please no pajamas
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #22
DSET
The Secret Six

I prefer an extra expression or style to the head
like with gambit\batman\thor

unmasked head with daredevil is useless
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I'd rather have Jay Garrick.

Tin hats for the win!
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #24
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'd have zero interest in any unmasked portrait myself.

I agree about the pose too, just doesn't suit the character. I'm not saying he has to be running, actually I'd prefer that he isn't, I just don't think the whole adjusting/putting a glove on is the best you can come up with for The Flash.

That said I'm very exited at the prospect of a Flash PF.
Not a fan of a running statue myself. That usually means one foot on the base and the other in the air, and I'm really paranoid about "leaners" over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I like the pose, it makes him look kind of cocky which would suit Wally. Not to mention runners are pretty finicky with their gear. I'd hate an action pose and there's little choice far as museum poses go. Crouching would look weird so that only leaves adjusting his glove, cracking his knuckles or just standing with arms to the sides or crossed.
The unmasked portrait sure feels like Wally because of the cocky smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger69 View Post
i love this pose...has a great sense of anticipation to it...one final adjustment to his glove and BAM !..he's gone

action (running) poses have been done before and they all look far too contrived for my taste
must add that i could care less for an unmasked Ex (if that's what SS is planning)

bring it !
I really like this pose as well. Good way to put it with the glove, like you're seeing him a split second before he disappears. Somehow the base has to be proactive in showcasing that speed (force).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I'd prefer Wally West but wouldn't mind either way. They look fairly similar.
As far as the Flash costume, it's impossible to tell the difference when you look at the early comics featuring Wally. DC tweaked the designs in the late 90's to make Wally's costume darker and sleeker.

Portrait-wise, you really have distinct looks with Barry Allen's hair shorter and blonde, Wally's longer and red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggy79 View Post
Fingers crossed for a sculpted glossy costume to minimise air drag
Green Lantern's costume being non-fabric made sense to me from a character stand-point. I can see that with Flash as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Since the statue is going to be $400, I want every portrait or version of the Flash
I really hope it's not $400. Green Lantern was $350 and he's loaded with light-up parts and a switch-out fist construct. Two additional portraits for Flash shouldn't bump the price up 50 bucks right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
That's a lot of heads: masked, Barry and Wally. Also Bart if you want to get technical about it. I think he was grown up Flash for like 12 issues before he got cancelled.
Oh man. Talk about a mess on DC's part. They aged Bart into adulthood and made him the Flash for 12 issues. Got him killed off by the Flash's rogue gallery. Brought him back to life as Kid Flash. And then brought Barry back from the grave. All the while I'm wondering what's wrong with Wally West dammit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Parrot View Post
I'd rather have Jay Garrick.

Tin hats for the win!
It's more like a helmet these days. Not sure why the elder statesman speedster had to turn into a young adult - couldn't they have used Wally for that role? At least Jay's prominent in Earth 2.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #25
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Don't even get me started...
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #26
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I found it funny how Wally couldnt even catch a break in the Young Justice TV show.

The moment Impulse showed I knew he got the shaft. Then they took it to another level and in a weird Crisis sort of sacrifice they pulled a Barry and killed him. I am like, yup, they dont know where Wally fits in any version of the DC Universe.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #27
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Not a fan of a running statue myself. That usually means one foot on the base and the other in the air, and I'm really paranoid about "leaners" over time.

The unmasked portrait sure feels like Wally because of the cocky smile.

I really like this pose as well. Good way to put it with the glove, like you're seeing him a split second before he disappears. Somehow the base has to be proactive in showcasing that speed (force).

As far as the Flash costume, it's impossible to tell the difference when you look at the early comics featuring Wally. DC tweaked the designs in the late 90's to make Wally's costume darker and sleeker.

Portrait-wise, you really have distinct looks with Barry Allen's hair shorter and blonde, Wally's longer and red.

Green Lantern's costume being non-fabric made sense to me from a character stand-point. I can see that with Flash as well.

I really hope it's not $400. Green Lantern was $350 and he's loaded with light-up parts and a switch-out fist construct. Two additional portraits for Flash shouldn't bump the price up 50 bucks right?
$400 includes shipping and taxes. Really at the end it's like $425 or so
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #28
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Wait, so they chose the pose where he is putting on a glove instead of this?

Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #29
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macethy View Post

thankfully...yes
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #30
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macethy View Post

By itself, this could be a cool statue. However, it would have to sport several light-up features around the Flash. Lots of clear resin lightning bolts wouldn't hurt.

I don't think I'd like this pose as part of a Justice League team though. It's like, "Hey everyone ready for the team shot? Oh, hold on. Flash is tying his laces."
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote