Yes, just the gun part though
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #72
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Food for thought. Well said.

+1. Xm Captain Marvel, Elektra, She Hulk, Mudusa not well sought after or praised. So many from SS.

Reminds me of Boondock Saints.
Sideshow has a better track record with Female sculpts, but they also have a longer history. I will say this as an Inhumans Comic fan, the Medusa and Black Bolt are incredible statues and photos (naturally) do no justice to just how great Medusa and Lockjaw are.

I agree with the others
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:54 AM   #73
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronica View Post
I take SS anyday, their female sculpts are just better
The XM Storm is an exception. IMO, the portrait on the XM Storm is phenomenal and the best one I've ever seen of the character. Her body is stunning as well. It's just a flat out gorgeous statue.

I do agree with you that XM's other female pieces don't match up quite as well with sideshow's recent releases. Harbottle's female statues alone are among the best in the business.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:01 AM   #74
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I was all about the XM Mystique until I saw this teaser. Now, I'm totally excited to see the full reveal.

I love Mystique so I will be getting one for sure, but it all comes down to pose, face, outfit, switch outs, and the most important aspect - getting the hair and skin color correct.

The SS comiquette was an amazing sculpt, but IMO, it was ruined by the paint job. Both her skin and hair were WAY too dark.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #75
HarpieLad
Doh!

Excited to get a new Mystique especially in this style. Hopefully there is a change out head with her short hair. Shame the skulls don't go all the way around. But so long as her face looks good and she has a change out head I am in!
HarpieLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #76
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm hoping we get a sneak in tomorrow's newsletter and a blog next Tuesday.

I just cancelled a couple Sideshow art prints to save money for this and Juggernaut (and maybe Psylocke and Rogue).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #77
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
Has the sudden increase in SS reveals left anyone else scratching their heads. Not that it’s a bad thing but for a company that is normally so tight lipped about reveals, the recent opening of the flood gates seems strange. Especially so close to SDCC when most statue companies go dark with new reveals.

Oh well, hopefully we get a Domino PF announcement soon.
Probably XM.going hard on the XMen line. Storm, wolverine, wepon X, Xavier, Mystique, Gambit, Psyclops..among others.....x-men hungry collectors would naturally flood XM. Only makes sense to reveal the line now to try and get a hold of people before they commit to another company.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #78
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Which makes this great for collectors. Real choices. Also SDCC is much closer than it seems. Just booked my flight last night. I'm sure SS will have some surprises in store and I'm sure XM is going to counter. It's a good time to be a X-Men fan!
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #79
Peedi
The Secret Six

Cost and costume design will probably decide this for me. We knew this was would be ss’s own version of her classic costume. Already I’d prefer the classic belt with skulls all the way around it but hopefully the rest of the costume isn’t too far gone.

Also I’m hoping there’s a classic head with her old shorter hair style like 80s Mystique.

The closer to classic with little modern touches here and there, the better.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #80
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Probably XM.going hard on the XMen line. Storm, wolverine, wepon X, Xavier, Mystique, Gambit, Psyclops..among others.....x-men hungry collectors would naturally flood XM. Only makes sense to reveal the line now to try and get a hold of people before they commit to another company.
Makes sense, I can go with that. xm has already sold me on professor x, storm, and brown wolverine, even now considering opting for white mags. With SS's recent reveal they may have effectively stole me away from Xm mystique.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote