Name:	IMG_0277.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	464.4 KB
ID:	105364  
Conan7713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #3832
Conan7713
Kindly Asked To Leave

Even subzeros arm hangs a little lower. Look at the line of his hand guard next to scorpions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0278.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	105365  
Old 06-17-2017, 11:31 AM   #3833
Conan7713
Kindly Asked To Leave

Shoulder to shoulder. No way they're the same size. Slight deviations. Subzero is jacked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0279.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	536.4 KB
ID:	105366  
Old 06-18-2017, 12:01 AM   #3834
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Humm. Mine are side to side and the only size difference is Sub-Zero is a tad taller, which I assume is due to the snowy base propping him up? But side to side they look the same.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #3835
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Yes they are, of course Subzero is gonna look "bigger" if you take pictures of him slightly further forward than Scorpion....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:51 PM   #3836
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I think you need to look at them again, they literally have the same heads and body.

Also Subzeros right arm is identical to Scorpions left arm ( apart form the hand of course )

The material is the same width.

The only difference between them, is the other arm, the base and the hands.

CONAN I feel is going a bit overboard because both Ninjas are great out the box and all these mods are not necessary. Anyone can Try to get a 1/3 statue from any of the good statue companies of this quality for $594 and I guarantee you can't!

This material is better then having that crappy proto cotton look which I saw in person that when you touch it threads get pulled out and cotton looks fuzzy. Having it like that like on the Proto is worse for a statue to maintain, so keep doing your mods with socks because in my opinion it looks worse with the sock and is not needed at all.

The heads are proptioned good on both Ninjas and the arms are the same size as well as everything else DeadGhostKnight mentioned in his post.

Some of your Sub Zero pics are in front of Scorp and you say Sub is bigger, hmmm I wonder why, maybe because you have him closer to the camera, duh.

Nothing will ever be perfect from these Chinese factories, but for what customers paid for the Ninjas, they are definitely worth the price and they give off an amazing presence to any MK collection. I smile every time I look at my Ninjas and yes things can always be improved, but these still bring me as much happiness as my LSF Wolf Pread and other LSF figs that are more then triple the price still compete on their level with a much lower cost.

Also some collectors should Stop fooling themselves that higher prices will give them better QC from China because the facts are even the highest priced pieces will suffer from QC issues. Improvements can be made at factories, but some statue companies have there own facilities like some of the Asian based statue companies allowing for more thorough oversight versus a statue company that has to outsource to a factory that has their own set of rules and policies that might not be up to par with customers satisfaction for good QC.

I understand some collectors want to give the Ninjas a fatter head, but in all reality these heads as is out the box are very good and me personally I like a tight fit versus a looser baggy fatter fit. I find it weird Conan said Sub Zero is more Jacked up then Scorp because when I look at both my Ninjas side by side there arms look like the same width and same muscles. Out of curiosity I measured both Ninjas arms and they are the same. Sorry Conan, but either yours is off or your eyes are playing tricks with you.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:08 PM   #3837
100 Hand Slap
Kindly Asked To Leave

Conan = BS = Ignore button
100 Hand Slap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:54 PM   #3838
DoomGuy
Kindly Asked To Leave

That Alf guy just said the proto fabric is crappy and he prefers the factory cloth instead.
Thats enough internet for me
DoomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:49 PM   #3839
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGuy View Post
That Alf guy just said the proto fabric is crappy and he prefers the factory cloth instead.
Thats enough internet for me
I didn't mean it as crappy and not the right choice of words, but the proto had very fuzzy cotton and I feel is not good for maintaining over the years when dust sticks to that material much easier then a poly blend. The production has good material and yes in this case I do prefer the production material over a thicker cotton that when touched just pulls out threads.

Plus, if I were to dress up as a Ninja I wouldn't use some thick non breathable material such as cotton like when a wrestler wears a sweat outfit to train In. I would wear a more thin breathable material is more realistic to me. Even though they both have special powers.

The production material has nothing wrong with it. For this price the tailoring and materials are great and they still bring a strong powerful presence to anyone's collection. Ninjas don't need to wear some thick quilt and if you want a Proto level piece then please higher someone such as Jerry to do a one of kind item for you for a huge price.

Believe it or not, but I even seen XM AND Prime One with QC issues as well. So, whatever you feel that companies will all have production pieces identical to a Proto piece are kiddin themselves and this production material has nothing wrong with it for a 1/3 statue.

I have many Mixed media statues and weather it's Sideshow, Hot Toys, etc.. the materials are always thin and I can see the tailoring for these Ninjas are on the same level as any of my other high end mixed media items I'm happy with.

The stitching is very good with no loose threads and the stitching is neat. The materials have a good feel and not too much cotton to where my fingers will pull out threads. I feel there are many new collectors or maybe veterans expecting perfection with the production material from China and believe there items will come Proto perfect, but I'm sorry the reality is they won't.

All close ups of the Proto cotton you can see loose threads and fuzziness which in my opinion I hate cotton for that reason especially on a statue I will pose and can't wash when lint sticks much easier to it. Take a lint brush to it and pull out more threads. So, if it makes you happier to make changes, then go attempt to make mods to create your full cotton outfit like the Proto that in my opinion does have that crappy fuzzy look over the production. It's not bad, but a look I don't want to see and I thought the same when I saw the Proto in person. Even the hood in my opinion looks nice and smooth on the production as well as not having dust stick as bad as it does to that thick cotton. Some are happy with the production material and some like the fuzzy look. The good thing about mixed media is you can always adjust it to your liking.

Seriously, all collectors that have these superb Ninjas, just do a little fluffing to get some of the wrinkles out, take a few steps back, dim the light slightly for that MK ambiance and appreciate these MK Masterpieces! They look great when looking at them and I don't understand why you think the material is so bad when everything displayed looks amazing? This piece in person is epic and I feel some collectors need to pay like 3-10k for a company to make you a private commissioned piece to achieve everything you want.. I don't know the cost for a private piece to commission since they vary from project to project, but I'm sure it's way more expensive then paying for one from a factory production.

The Ninjas out the box are worth every penny and to let you know the Ninjas are much heavier then my LSF Wolf Preadator a 2k statue. These are solid with weight and collectors that received one with no damage or defects has a piece that is definitely worth more then retail. I will never sell these!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:40 AM   #3840
ALF_1
Justice League

A. Please delete