Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Monty Props
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Mockingbird Advice

Always been interested in the character but have no idea where to start? Was never an Avengers reader. Is there a "definitive" Mockingbird storyline/run? Thanks all!
Monty Props is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
rychehitman
Galactus

I've always been a Mockingbird fan as well.

Though her idenity prior to Mockingbird has been around for quite awhile...she first took on the identity of Mockingbird in MARVEL TEAM UP #95. A pretty decent read, and not expensive at all if you want to track it down in the back issue bins at a shop or con. The story however is not crucial to putting together a "must read" list unless you are going for a sense of completion.

The real place to start picking up MOCKINGBIRD is in the HAWKEYE 4-issue limited series. This series really brings her character into focus and leads to her being Mrs. Hawkeye by the end of it.

From there....Mockingbird hung out with Hawkeye in Avengers Mansion and was there when the team was seen on David Letterman's talk show in Avengers #239

I think she appeared a little bit in Avengers 240-243...around the time that Hawkeye disappeared for the first SECRET WARS mini series with the rest of the main Avengers team.

Directly from there you want to go to the WEST COAST AVENGERS 4-issue limited series

and then into the ongoing WEST COAST AVENGERS series that started in 1985.

She was a main player on the team until she had a falling out with HAwkeye and she left....

but she came back when John Byrne took over the book and stuck around for awhile....also making appearances in the short lived AVENGERS SPOTLIGHT/SOLO AVENGERS series.....up until she died in WCA #100

That's prett much all the PRE- SECRET INVASION info you need on her.

If you need more, just ask! Enjoy!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

I've always considered Mockingbird kind of Marvel's Black Canary, even her relationship to Hawkeye mirrored BC's relationship w/ DC's Hawkeye, Green Arrow.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Monty Props
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Thanks rychehitman! I was actually thinking about picking up the Hawkeye and West Coast Avengers hard covers. I think both of them came out this year.
Monty Props is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:31 AM   #5
whd
Suicide Squad

I would say ryche's recommendations are spot-on!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote