Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #221
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Here are some quality shots of morrigan. As you can see, her hair is a non issue and the paint job on her skin is fantastic! She had a lot of good feed back from the show and I'm guessing it's for good reason. Besides I'd expect the quality of the production piece to be closer to the proto than most companies offer. That's just my hunch with hmo.

Also I don't see plastic surgery I see a young girl with a petite face in those pics.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #222
Femto
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
It happens a lot when they take professional pictures. The heavy lighting in the photos can make the colors seem a lot lighter, even washed out- the rocks look a bit washed out. I think in hand her colors will be a lot warmer like from the con.

Same thing happened in ARH's Death Dealer 1 pics. The colors in the pics came out a lot brighter and vivid. The golds looked more yellow etc. But he was the same awesome death dealer from the con.

Her wingsIm sure will be changing slightly tho cuz their switching them to the translucent resin.
If that's the case, that would be awesome! I guess we'll see down the line, but what you say makes sense.
Femto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:59 PM   #223
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
Cool looking piece, it’s nice to see more Darkstalkers.

But I’m not too fond of the portrait, it still resembles a case of too much plastic surgery. Plus at that price it’s an easy pass. Its way overpriced in my opinion, the cost to make this is 200-250 at most. I can live with a price of 500-550 but 700 is greed. I would rather throw another 200 on top towards a 1/3 or a massive 1/4.

They could have added a little more detail on the boots, outfit, feathers/fur, and the wings/horns. Look at Blizzard’s Illidan for example, the wings look unreal. Actually the entire piece screams detail and its 1/5 hand sculpted I believe.

Still a nice Morrigan, P2 colors look awesome and pop. Congrats to those picking it up, hope to see more Darkstalkers…

BTW, that figurama Amon diorama is exceptional, perfect execution in every aspect.
Agree to disagree. I dont want Morgan to look like a boy with wrinkly wings and grotesque skin textures. She's supposed to be alluring, I dont think thats what Blizzard was going for with Illidan... or maybe they were. Also I would rather she stay true to the source material.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:12 PM   #224
Chargersfan57

And here is the actual part where Rebecca talks about the bat detail:

Btw, Rebecca I hope you don't mind I've been commenting about your video here specifically.

There are other great videos on YouTube of the piece but I thought you did a great job with yours.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:33 PM   #225
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Damn the statue is amazing, sadly i got no love for the character even tho I'm a cap com fan. But if i did have spare cash and room id def pick her up.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #226
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Damn the statue is amazing, sadly i got no love for the character even tho I'm a cap com fan. But if i did have spare cash and room id def pick her up.
I have never played a darkstalkers game in my life but the quality of that face has pushed me over the edge! haha

I'm buying it cause its art. But that also means I can't get something else then so I understand the collecting struggles!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:00 PM   #227
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Played me some Darkstalkers ages ago on the Genesis. Street Fighter 2, Fatal Fury, Darkstalkers and Eternal Champions were all a lot of fun back then. More recently played as Morrigan alot in Capcom vs SNK on the dreamcast. Good times. Will see how this order goes cost wise for me, might decide on Felicia and Dimitri also if they come out well.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #228
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
It's weird, I thought the general consensus was she's amazing and hmo have a hit on their hands. Where did all this negativity all of a sudden come from? If it was just about the price ok maybe, but now her quality is being thrown into question...
Some people feel the need to down a piece if they can't afford it or don't want to spend the money on it. In this case they are solely in the minority. As you said, this piece has been universally praised by the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
maybe sour grapes.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
That's not the case for me, personally. I think the statue is gorgeous.,
Indeed. This is an outstanding piece on every level imo.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #229
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I used to play all the Darkstalkers games back in the arcade era of gaming, but I wasn't good at fighters at all. Yet, I love monsters and that kind of genre, and I always enjoyed pumping quarters into the Nightwarrior franchise.

I'm definitely buying this statue, so I really hope the line continues with HMO and they don't just do the standard three females for the next releases (Morrigan, Felicia, Hsien Ko). We need a Demitri compliment statue next!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	red.gif
Views:	13
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	108866  
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #230
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Man if they do a Felicia, she is going to be so pretty. I'm excited and she doesn't even exist yet.

Also for the ones that live in America claiming they will order, how will you? I swore they don't ship to America. Where can you buy it from?
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote