Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #201
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
"not finished"...maybe.

But, there is little that can be done to make it better than the original.

I agree. Imagine if the second base was offered first and then XM showed the first base just prior to PO day. Would it decrease or increase orders?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #202
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Neither because it looks great with whatever base. There were complaints (many btw) about how Black Bolt covered the statue (obscured is the better word) that was in back of him...so you couldn't see it. Now that they still give the option of displaying him in front of the base and in addition give him an alternate pose to appear to be hovering over the statue...complaints with this base as well.

Honestly, I did not have a problem with the first base but you see what happens when you have complainers or rather people that like to inject their opinions about something? All hell breaks loose...sometimes.

I say wait until the statue is shown in its painted form first before lambasting it. Hell, it might look awesome with the new base. In any case, we will be able to see how it looks...and maybe XM might just have the option to place the top part of the statue on for those that like the first base better. As I said on XMs facebook fan page....don't skimp. Like Mule stated, the cost of shipping the first base would probably only be a measly extra $50. If it was $200 more then that's understandable. XM collectibles are PREMIUM collectibles. Everyone knows or should know that going in. XM should not make concessions for a select few that complain about an extra $50 for shipping when the original product was great already.

So we will see what happens.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #203
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Neither because it looks great with whatever base. There were complaints (many btw) about how Black Bolt covered the statue (obscured is the better word) that was in back of him...so you couldn't see it. Now that they still give the option of displaying him in front of the base and in addition give him an alternate pose to appear to be hovering over the statue...complaints with this base as well.

Honestly, I did not have a problem with the first base but you see what happens when you have complainers or rather people that like to inject their opinions about something? All hell breaks loose...sometimes.

I say wait until the statue is shown in its painted form first before lambasting it. Hell, it might look awesome with the new base. In any case, we will be able to see how it looks...and maybe XM might just have the option to place the top part of the statue on for those that like the first base better. As I said on XMs facebook fan page....don't skimp. Like Mule stated, the cost of shipping the first base would probably only be a measly extra $50. If it was $200 more then that's understandable. XM collectibles are PREMIUM collectibles. Everyone knows or should know that going in. XM should not make concessions for a select few that complain about an extra $50 for shipping when the original product was great already.

So we will see what happens.
Good post and I wonder, how many of those Facebook complainers are really just Wannabe's and not "real" XMS supporters....
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:09 PM   #204
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Wow, I was getting ready to send my deposit for this, but I'm seriously considering changing my mind. That first base just gave the whole statue such presence. I know a lot of it was hidden, but I didn't think there was a need to change it. Turn the statue to the side for crying out loud.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #205
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Wow, looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Painted render by David Pereira:

Digging it. They went with a marble finish on the background statue, which makes for a nice contrast with BB's costume. Front view doesn't block much the sight of the base either.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:54 PM   #206
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
Good post and I wonder, how many of those Facebook complainers are really just Wannabe's and not "real" XMS supporters....
Most of the time it's non supporters lol
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:14 PM   #207
SDguy

TBH I don't mind the concept of a slightly smaller base. I posted a while back that I don't particularly care to pay for the equivalent of 2 statues since the base is just as big as BB. Not to mention, if I wanted everything behind BB filled in, I'd hang a nice art print behind him, not the equivalent of a second statue.

I'll reserve judgment either way.... This will be a definite buy for me either way.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #208
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I'm not ordering this, but the first base looked much better.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:38 PM   #209
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

I'll wait for official word from XM on any change rather then speculating on that pic.

I'm confident XM will nail this in any event. I'm all in on this and Medusa either way.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:06 PM   #210
AC_808
Hercules

Me too. I'll wait for the official word from XM.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote