Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-02-2021, 10:18 PM   #501
Peedi
The Secret Six

The cape and head swaps look really good but Sideshow chose colors straight from the comics. I’d rather it be the way it’s intended even though this is a made up costume. Still, the swaps look like they were made for each other.

I really need to unbox mine, I’m doing everything other than smh.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:50 AM   #502
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
The cape and head swaps look really good but Sideshow chose colors straight from the comics. I’d rather it be the way it’s intended even though this is a made up costume. Still, the swaps look like they were made for each other.
I can respect the pieces reflecting the comic source material along with the passion and love you and Nearmint have for that version. But it's one of those weird comic quirks that looks odd to me and I just don't get it. The more uniform version is more logical and makes more sense in my mind... along with looking more visually appealing. I'm glad a few collectors with deep pockets bought both versions, switched the portraits (and capes), and shared them with us so we can look fondly at what could have been...
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:53 AM   #503
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

I really need to unbox mine, I’m doing everything other than smh.
Kudos to the colorist for coloring the highlights of the black bodysuit gray instead of that annoying blue they used to use. I still don't like the blue mask, but I'll take a win where I can get one!

And yes, unbox yours!!!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:54 AM   #504
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Yeah, this does look so much better.

Smart thinking from a business standpoint to make you buy two statues to make them into how they should've looked from the start.
This looks very nice, congrats on being able to get both. I'm glad i got the variant tho, I like it more, and didn't c are for the smiling portrait.

Biggest dislike is how frustrating the fabric cape is to get on just right. I don't mind fabric but don't make it almost impossible to sit flush. I think I spent over an hour trying to get it on right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't understand edition size choices. I'm with you on upping the number of variants. Even a variant of only 300 is still a rarity with the sizes Sideshow is making these days. Sh!t, even 250 would seem like I stand a chance to get a variant. 150 I feel hopeless for some of them.
I think it depends on what the ES is for the regular, so this one got 1500 total, so i guess they felt only 150 would actually sell ?

Psylocke got 1800 so i guess that justified 250 variant ? That's sorta some logic if there is one. I never know with sideshow and they never make it clear. That's probably my one key frustration with them. (which i know several have others)

I still would have loved a purple/gold variant better. But i'll be fine with this one, with my luck the next one will come out within the year and be even better.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:08 PM   #505
Y3E
Gen 13

Damn, the exclusive and collector's editions are now sold out and no waitlist option. I could have sworn both were available when the modern was available for order
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #506
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Damn, the exclusive and collector's editions are now sold out and no waitlist option. I could have sworn both were available when the modern was available for order
When I looked the collectors and exclusive were both sold out when the variant went up.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:39 PM   #507
AC_808
Hercules

The costume look great on both the original and variant. Even looks cool when you mix and swap them. I just didn't like the pose and how her abs are sculpted. Love watching all the excitement tho.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:52 PM   #508
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
When I looked the collectors and exclusive were both sold out when the variant went up.
Really? Maybe be I confused it being available when they showed up in the search. On well, after market buy then. Thanks for clarifying moyiori
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 01:20 AM   #509
Peedi
The Secret Six

Finally unboxed. I dig it. She looks great, ss nailed this one. I finally see what people mean by the head and cape, it’s definitely among the worse cape attachments I’ve had but I didn’t struggle with it long at all.

Just a quick pic nothing fancy

And then I couldn’t help but think how this would’ve made an excellent comic Batman if sculpted in his traditional costume and a good head sculpt. This pose isn’t that far off from Kubert.

Maybe when they make the next comic Batman PF they should think of ideas for Batgirl or Robin because they nailed their poses, then turn it into Batman.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:16 AM   #510
SDguy

Side note: That Batman is one of the designs QS is considering for their upcoming 1/4 comic Batman.

SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote