Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #51
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I have heard that the pax shelves do warp a bit..... I have the 28" wide ones up for a while and have not noticed anything yet. going to use the metal reinforced method to prevent warping though.

I have both besta and PAX.....bought pax when I started to collect PF's. They are a little more expensive...and you need to get custom acrylic cut to fit the sliding doors.....but I think they are far superior to the Besta setups.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #52
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
I have heard that the pax shelves do warp a bit..... I have the 28" wide ones up for a while and have not noticed anything yet. going to use the metal reinforced method to prevent warping though.

I have both besta and PAX.....bought pax when I started to collect PF's. They are a little more expensive...and you need to get custom acrylic cut to fit the sliding doors.....but I think they are far superior to the Besta setups.
Just moved a pair of Besta to the garage as storage and replacing them with a pair of 39" wide ones, I have the cabinet up, but nothing else (too much planning to do with which statues go where/shelves height/lighting etc). One question I need to figure out first, and it's much easier to ask someone who have done it is, if I do the metal reinforcement for the shelves, would it stick out too much to cause problem with the sliding door.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #53
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Looks like the BESTA sales from the statues community could not sustain their sales expectations. Back to Billys and Detolfs then
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #54
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

lol ok heart attack and relieve at once, thx for the thread.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #55
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
Just moved a pair of Besta to the garage as storage and replacing them with a pair of 39" wide ones, I have the cabinet up, but nothing else (too much planning to do with which statues go where/shelves height/lighting etc). One question I need to figure out first, and it's much easier to ask someone who have done it is, if I do the metal reinforcement for the shelves, would it stick out too much to cause problem with the sliding door.
You could put the metal just on the back end if you wanted. I don't think it would block the doors though, they fit really snug. I have bought the metal rods and the doors just have not installed either.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:32 PM   #56
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I am looking to have a custom shelving unit built for Sideshow Premium Format figures. I have something very specific in mind and was wondering if anyone in here knew of any custom builders for this kind of furniture. Boltz Furniture used to carry a line of furniture called the Raw Steel line. The steel had just an amazing patina to it and the quality was simply off the charts. I own a few pieces from that line and I absolutely love them. In partciular, the raw steel DVD storage unit is amazing. I basically want my statue shelving to have the same exact styling as that piece. So it would have to be someone that worked with steel and not wood.

Anyways, I was just about to start looking online and figured that someone in here might be able to direct me to a company that does this kind of work. Any help would definitely be appreciated! Just don't have any expereince when it comes to custom furniture.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #57
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post

If you have the 28" wide Pax shelves then you are fine. I've only heard of the extra wide shelves bowing. I've had the 28" for a couple years now with no problems.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:56 AM   #58
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I want to buy the Ikea Besta to place inside my Batman PF. The official size measures for the Besta are:
60x40x64 cm, that i took from the Ikea website

http://www.ikea.gr/kathistiko/apothi...a-49105/75080/

The 64 cm height is from top to bottom or the inside of the Besta? Because i am not sure the 63 cm tall Batman will fit inside

Please let me know that would be very helpful

Thanks
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #59
BGMchocolate
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
I want to buy the Ikea Besta to place inside my Batman PF. The official size measures for the Besta are:
60x40x64 cm, that i took from the Ikea website

http://www.ikea.gr/kathistiko/apothi...a-49105/75080/

The 64 cm height is from top to bottom or the inside of the Besta? Because i am not sure the 63 cm tall Batman will fit inside

Please let me know that would be very helpful

Thanks
The 64 cm height would be the exterior measurement of the Besta unit. For the measurement of the internal display height, you will have to deduct about 5 cm due to the width of the top and bottom boards of the Besta unit.

In conclusion, no the Batman won't fit inside the single unit Besta.
BGMchocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #60
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My display is a bit of a mess but switching a few besta units to Pax so I can accommodate the bigger items. Love them. I used the metal bracket method on front and back of each shelf and no bowing. Withot bracket they bow immediately.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	87753  
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote