Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 03-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

Elric of Melnibone vs. Conan of Cimmeria

Now...before you all get all "Conan" on me, rest assured, I think this would be a pretty tough battle.
Elric, when "juiced" by his sword, Stormbringer, has fought Conan style opponents before and has left them crying for their mamas before having their very soul sucked from their bodies.

Conan - What can I say - Born on a battlefield, Conan is the pinnacle of a fighting, barbarian warrior. Cunning as a wolf, this 6 footer can show both finesse in sword play and plain old ferociousness. He's fought warriors, demons, beasts and wizards. He lives for battle and welcomes death on the battlefield. Martially versed in most hand-held weapons, Conan does not stop 'til his opponent lies dead in the dust. His berserker fighting style is tempered by skill.

Elric - Known as the White Wolf, this 428th Emperor of the Dragon Kingdom of Melnibone is a weak, albino prince with a pension for brooding and an almost suicidal outlook on life. That was untill....he swore allegiance to the Chaotic god Arioch and his life turned around enormously. The god granted Elric immense power, providing him with a Black, rune-carved sword, more demon than weapon. Stormbringer, as the sword is known, provides Elric with the strength and energy of all it runs through. While holding it, Elric's martial training is compounded and his melancholy mood permeates his controlled, deadly, savage fighting skill, often terrifying those he encounters before the actual swordplay begins.
Like Conan, Elic of Melnibone has fought Wizard, demon, god, beast and man. He cannot be beaten in traditional manners. Often entering a fray on the back of a steed-sized, flying dragon, it's a pretty grim day when you see him coming.

Elric would be 100% juiced on souls, blood lust and Arioch favor. Conan would be rarin' and ready to go.

Who ya got?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Elric and Conan are essentially the same character (at least in the comics)!

" Elric is one of the limitless incarnations of the Eternal Champion, an immortal being destined to be reincarnated on every world and in every age to battle in the endless war between Chaos and Order. Other incarnations of the Eternal Champion include Prince Corum, Erekose, Dorian Hawkmoon, Sojan Shieldbearer, and countless others. It is even whispered that Prince Gaynor the Damned is merely another facet of this eternal being, but doomed instead to serve Chaos. It is not uncommon for various incarnations of the Champion to meet and even battle side by side as occurred on at least two separate occasions: when Elric, Prince Corum, and Erekose unriddled the mystery of the Vanishing Tower, and again, when those three fused with Hawkmoon to become the godlike composite being known as the Four Who Are One in order to destroy the interdimensional horrors Agak and Gagak. Who knows? Perhaps Elric has even fought alongside one other incarnation of the Eternal Champion and thus of himself - - Conan the Barbarian!"
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post

Elric and Conan are essentially the same character.
Great cover, Tet! I have both issues of their meeting, they were excellent w/ B. Smith art.

I respectfully disagree. These two guys are nothing alike. They can both handle swords, but that's where the similarities end, i.m.o..

Old 03-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

True, I'll go with Elric!
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Elwho? Sorry, I'm going 'all Conan' on this one!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Elric!!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #7
protector2814
Phoenix

Elric reeks of magic and the supernatural. Conan would smell it on him. Conan absolutely H-A-T-E-S magic and sorcery so he'd be especially "motivated".

The black, rune-sword, Stormbringer would be drooling over Conan's pure warrior Soul.

This would be one great fight.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
The Watcher
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post

"It is even whispered that Prince Gaynor the Damned is merely another facet of this eternal being..."
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
Babytoxie
Ghost

Elric, no doubt about it. But I'd think Conan would be smart enough to turn tail. I sure as hell would!

Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Conan. He'd be able to smell the sissy on Elric.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote