Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-14-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
Rocket
Art of Mod

ATTENTION ALL STATUE FORUM MEMBERS

Hey everyone, sorry for the huge Thread Title, but I figured maximum impact for what amounts to one of the more important threads you're likely to see on the site.

Now many of you are well aware, and some of you less so, that a long time member of the forum, Richbamf, was recently diagnosed with cancer.

Far be it for me to go into the details (I'm sure Rich will indulge) but I have noticed a disappointing trend regarding his illness. It seems there were a few well wishers and the like but Rich is in the thick of chemotherapy right now and he's doing it tough, experiencing the most important event of his life, and we as a community aren't showing the love and support we have for others in the past. I'm generalizing of course, but I could cite past examples such as Underdog's (Bill's) battle with cancer or Arahom's tragic house\business fire, where we as a group bandided together through both collection funds and support threads. I'm just a culpable as anyone in that it's taken this long to act, but I am proposing this thread as a starting point for EVERYONE who clicked on that Thread Title and is reading this now, to send a message Rich's way.

Rich has been a huge contributor to the site for many, many years, he's a proud paid up member, and has even travelled to the US and Canada and met many of members in person. I have the utmost confidence in saying he has touched a large majority of us in one way or another and this is the time for us to give a little back, even if it's just through words

So I firstly encourage Rich himself to please use the thread as a true forum, for you to please provide us with both treatment updates (sometimes people feel like they are being invasive by asking), and also to use it to possibly post other updates, thoughts, emotions, ANYTHING you feel inclined to say mate. And I know I wont be the only one who will be a regular visitor here doing our utmost to share this journey as best we can with you

You, Vicki and your family have been fighting already, now we would like to come along for the ride with your blessing.

And to my fellow SF members, now is the time to not just preach community but to practice it. Let's show Rich what the power of friendship can do. So many of us have been touched by this disease in the past and this is no exception.

Thankyou for your time and input guys.

Rod.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Well said Rod!

I've only been here for a short time, but I've certainly appreciated Rich's friendship in that time.

Keep on fighting Rich - we're all behind you, and ready to support in whatever way we can.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Hey Bamfer
we have shared a skype session or two and some PMs as well as whining about fluff posting and ketchuping
you know i and the other aussie thread regulars are there for you - for advice, listening to stories about your plight/journey, for a hook up or even god forbid talk about statues on this forum LOL - glad to hear Nova made it to your house
if you ever need anything let me or us know - and that goes for your partner in life: Vicki
i am not one to pester people about somehing like what you are going through and i hope you are happy to share but understand if you don't want to......
i will keep my ears open for good news and pray never having to hear bad....
as i told you in my PM recently, i may be an atheist but i do pray everyday for you or have good positive thoughts for you
i ain't been on the forum posting as much and i overcompensate by treating mates with little gifts and even though you ain't posting as much - you're still on my "sh!t" list LOL
i hope to meet you in person one day and treat you to a pint or two but in the meantime PMs emails and skype will be my courriers of well wishes.
so anytime or no time its up to you but i am here - open and waiting and ready to support as i am sure a lot of people are.
give Vick a hug and kiss from my family to yours

PS nice one Rod

i just can't get used to the accent LOL
fred flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #4
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

To Rich - hang in there mate - I've only been on SF a short time, and not really sure what I can offer other than my genuine best wishes and perhaps a beer one day when your up for it
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

All the best rich, stay strong and i'm sure you can pull through this
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Hey Rich, even though I'm new and mainly on the Aussies Thread, you so revered and respected that I had to say something.
I know from experience (with family members) how bad you must feel some days especially with the chemo but I hope when you read our genuine and heart-felt words it will give you that little bit to work through the discomfort. We're all here for you, even the newbies like myself.
Now I personally don't drink myself so if we bump into each other, I'll share a nice tall glass of water with you!
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Get well soon Rich!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #8
VinReaper

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Well done Rod! And may I say you are right in us forgetting how much Bamfer has added color to our daily lives.

Bamfer sorry for not speaking up as loudly sooner, but it is easy to get wrapped up in a hectic daily struggle to balance work, family and everything else. Not that is an excuse, but just an explanation of how I have forgot to support a good man and friend sooner.

So now I say Rich, let's put on the steel toed work boots and kick this things arse!!!

I am always here for you my friend and never hesitate to ask for anything. If it is within my power it will be done!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #9
Mr. Kennedy

Hey Rich, hang in there buddy we are all behind you even if its through a computer or skype convos. you have Alot of great people here that like you and are willing to be there for you. since i started posting in the aussie thread me and you have become great friends, so whatever you need my friend me and Des will be here. Stay strong stay tough.
Mr. Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #10
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Rich,
Me and you been bros for a long time. Grew up in GORE together. Sorry to hear about all of this. I know that if theres one tough enough man to fight this, its you. We all love ya Rich and if you need to talkm you know where to find me. Even though you like that GL character....
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote