Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-02-2020, 05:47 PM   #61
ratchet
Mandarin

After all is said and done I really liked King’s Batman. I would’ve liked to see him be able to write the entire 100 issues he wanted to do but overall, it was a great ride.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:42 PM   #62
Gothamite
Phoenix

Andrea Beaumont (aka The Phantasm) will be introduced into main continuity in Tom King's Batman/Catwoman series.

https://ew.com/books/2020/02/13/batm...-ty-templeton/
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 12:54 AM   #63
ratchet
Mandarin

They are finally getting a new writer I am really excited about on Batman! Chip Zdarsky begins his arc in the next issue!
Old 06-26-2022, 01:43 AM   #64
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
They are finally getting a new writer I am really excited about on Batman! Chip Zdarsky begins his arc in the next issue!
Yeah, but It had been so long since Tom King's run was over. After Tom King, Tynion IV had written Batman and After Tynion IV, Jashua Williamson had a run.

You probably got confused because Tom King writes a side Batman book called Batman and Catwoman, now. Not The main Batman title. Chip Zdarsky will write the main Batman title, now but after Jashua Williamson's run which was after James Tynion IV's run. Chip Zdarsky will be the third writer who will write Batman after Tom King.

I heard some good things about James Tynion IV run, but i haven't read it yet. I haven't even read Tom King run yet... DC still didn't complete it as deluxes so i couldn't start to read it... Jashua Williamson's run must be lack luster though, because i have never heard anyone praise his Batman run. I heard Chip Zdarsky really did wonders on Daredevil title, so i have high hopes for his Batman run.

I haven't read Tom King's Batman run yet but i have had my first experience with King by The Omega Men and i didn't like the writing one bit. It is somekind of conflict between space America and space terrorists called The Omega Men. It started with The Omega Men's video shooting ala Al-Qaeda terrorists with their hostage Kyle Ryner and then as Kyle Ryner spended more time with The Omega Men, He started to sympities with the Omega Men or something... I don't know, it was weird... I am not 100% sure what i read actually, it was super boring... and The panel layout was so clostrophobic... I hated everything about The Omega Men Comics. I don't know why but i gave Tom King a second chance and got Mister Miracle Deluxe Edition a few minutes ago. I love Kirby's Fourth World... If King writes this one crapy as well, i am done with him forever.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:19 PM   #65
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Yeah, but It had been so long since Tom King's run was over. After Tom King, Tynion IV had written Batman and After Tynion IV, Jashua Williamson had a run.

You probably got confused because Tom King writes a side Batman book called Batman and Catwoman, now. Not The main Batman title. Chip Zdarsky will write the main Batman title, now but after Jashua Williamson's run which was after James Tynion IV's run. Chip Zdarsky will be the third writer who will write Batman after Tom King.

I heard some good things about James Tynion IV run, but i haven't read it yet. I haven't even read Tom King run yet... DC still didn't complete it as deluxes so i couldn't start to read it... Jashua Williamson's run must be lack luster though, because i have never heard anyone praise his Batman run. I heard Chip Zdarsky really did wonders on Daredevil title, so i have high hopes for his Batman run.

I haven't read Tom King's Batman run yet but i have had my first experience with King by The Omega Men and i didn't like the writing one bit. It is somekind of conflict between space America and space terrorists called The Omega Men. It started with The Omega Men's video shooting ala Al-Qaeda terrorists with their hostage Kyle Ryner and then as Kyle Ryner spended more time with The Omega Men, He started to sympities with the Omega Men or something... I don't know, it was weird... I am not 100% sure what i read actually, it was super boring... and The panel layout was so clostrophobic... I hated everything about The Omega Men Comics. I don't know why but i gave Tom King a second chance and got Mister Miracle Deluxe Edition a few minutes ago. I love Kirby's Fourth World... If King writes this one crapy as well, i am done with him forever.
I am not confused - I know and read the other runs - just mentioning that Zdarsky is taking over the title and I am actually looking forward to the title again!
Old 06-30-2022, 12:11 AM   #66
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

James Tynion's run was very good. He did pick up some threads from Tom King's run and I thought the transition was pretty smooth.

I do not think that Joshua Williamson's run on the title was not suppose to be long term but I liked it. It tied in with his Robin and Deathstroke series.

I never read Chip Zdarsky's Daredevil but I have read other stuff by him and I enjoyed it. The only thing I do not like about Batman are the back up feature. It seems like they have been using it lately to launch new title (Batgirls, Poison Ivy). I myself wish they would do a Batwoman back up series. She is not appearing anywhere else and I think it would be nice to see regular adventures featuring her.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 02:00 PM   #67
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I?d buy it if Geoff Johns wrote a run. Classic Batman stories, less focus on all 66 members of the Bat family.
Please! I miss being excited about buying a Batman book.
Oh, this message, i somehow skipped it.

Keep Geoff Johns away from Batman. Geoff Johns is a Batman hater. I don't want to see him try to prove how Batman is a spoiled jerk evey issue. I have had enough of that in his Batman: Earth One. His Batman: Earth One was mostly average and sometimes blow average anyway. Geoff Johns has always been a hit or miss for me.

And i started to read Tom King's Batman run. (: That is why i checked this thread out one more time. I plan to open a Tom King Batman run thread, once i finished the run to write my thoughts about the run to discuss with all of you. (:
Old 10-02-2022, 02:25 PM   #68
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I did read the first Batman Earth One and it was average and I did not read the remaining ones

I have to say that Batman-Three Jokers that Goeff wrote was fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed that one.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 02:46 PM   #69
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I did read the first Batman Earth One and it was average and I did not read the remaining ones

I have to say that Batman-Three Jokers that Goeff wrote was fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed that one.
I read all 3 Batman: Earth One HCs. You are not missing anything. If you think you will read a loner Batman with Geoff Johns, you are very wrong. Geoff established the Outsiders at the end of 3rd vol. and Joker appeared. It will be Batman and his thousend sidekick brats the Outsiders vs Joker in the 4th vol. It won't be a private and speacial Loner Batman vs Joker first encounter. You will have robin, batgirl etc. all the sidekicks unfortunatly.

I followed Batman Earth One, because i wanted to see The First encounter with Joker. That is why i kept on reading even if the title was mostly average and worse.

I have The Three Jokers HC... I usually wait for a Deluxe, but i got Three Jokers Regular HC someshow. It is waiting on my shelf to be read. I will probably read it after i finished The Tom King Batman Run.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:48 PM   #70
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Have you ever read his Daredevil ? that was excellent. He's a good fit for Batman.
Daredevil was a thousand years ago. Old good Bendis is dead and gone
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote