Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-19-2022, 06:29 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Punisher Omnibus By Rick Remender

Ok, i finally finished the Rick Remender Punisher run as Omnibus. I enjoyed it as much as Marvel Knights Punisher Run of Garth Ennis, The Punisher Writer.

The run started with Punisher's attempt of assasinating Norman Osborn. No, matter how he acted under the image of a respectable citizen or politition, Frank knew he was just a rabid dog that needed to be put down. Punisher used a skrull technology rifle which could shoot a target from a mile away, but the bullet got cought in the air by Sentry at the last moment before reaching Osborn. We saw a Punisher in the Marvel Universe who used sci fi, alien technologies or super hero technology like ant-man's helment ( we saw Frank got shrank himself and hide in pizza and when the criminal ate the pizze Frank made himself grow in the guy's mouth... that was massed up... lol) or iron man's gountlet in this run. He was not refined to the street level crime here where The Punisher shone the most like in Ennis's the Punisher Max Run but Punisher here was in the wonky super hero universe and Remender with his own words descirebed this stuation as better which i disagreed highly. Ecording to Remender, criminals, mafia, yakuza were small fry. Punisher needed to take on Super Villains which were the real deal.

To me and Ennis, this was not true. Super villains were all clown shooes and Mafia, Yakuza and other kinds of street level criminals and crime were what were the real cool deal here that where Punisher excelled. Also companies don't let you kill their super villains, they must be around all the time so that made Punisher look incompetent... Even the kind of a Super villain level Jigsaw died in the hands of Punisher like how many times ? and he keep on coming back... lame.

Some super villain called The Hood was the main villain who Punisher was after and Punisher couldn't kill him in the end of the run. He escaped without a trace because companies don't let you kill their super lamoes... grrrr... so annoying. Punisher supposed to put down that second rate freak after mostly 6 issues. The Hood who was crime bose servant of Dormammu resurected Microchip, Microship's son and Castle's familly. Punisher killed Microchip's son and his familly, all by fire that not beliving they were the real deal but some abominations. That was dramatic. What i liked about Remender's run the most was when he tried to pull some dramatic cords, he really did that well. For another example: It turned out the new partner of Punisher, Henry the hacker boy who gave Punisher intel and helped on missions was Jigsaw's son. Now, that was some really dramatic stuff.

Punisher died in the middle of the run in the hands of Daken who was under the orders of H.A.M.M.E.R. organisations leader The Iron Patriot Norman Osborn. Daken really massed up Punisher, sileced and diced him in to many pieces, but since this was the wonky super hero universe, it didn't end there. Some monsters kindnapped the corpse of Punisher and brought it to Morbius the Living Vampire to stiched back to Frankensitein Punisher because they needed a good soldier's aid, all the monsters around the world were hunted down by some crazy group to clean the earth from monsters. They wanted to survive so they asked Franken Castle for help since now, he was a monster as well. It was enjoyable stuff since as much as i am into street level Punisher, i am also into wonky super hero universe. There was this conversation between Daken and Franken Castle when Punisher went after Daken for the second time, for revenge as The Frankenstein Punisher. I will just write the point they made rather than all the converstaion. Daken was like: You are just an old man who wants to be somebody die already, ah cops. Cops are dirt with inferiorty complex, they just want everyone around them to obey them, to have authory above people. They make me sick, i love killing cops. (which i agree, though i have no murderous intentions lol) Franken Castle was like: You are just a second rate cheap knock off sadistic punk. I won't let you kill the cops, they are what stands between bad people and decent citizen, they deserve respect. Now, the thing here is, If the writer disagrees with something he makes the villain say it, like Daken here. If he agrees with it, he makes the hero say it, like Punisher here and so if you think like Daken, you are wrong and evil because Daken is a villain. If you think like Punisher, you are a good boy. lol This is totaly brainwash, they make with super hero comics alot. This kind of ---- will probably what will make me quit super hero comics, if i ever quit. Such a shame.

Punisher helped the monsters and got back among the living thanks to the bloodstone and we were back to war on crime from where we left. Even if Remender talked about Punisher needed to go after super villains, he didn't turn his back on the good old street level crime, we saw in this run Punisher went nuts on the criminal under world alot especially he went on a rampage after Henry quit and Punisher thought Henry turned on him like Microship or the other Jigsaw guy. Two Jigsaws were teamed up against Punisher in the last arc of the run. Punisher thought his wife Maria did not die in the fire after her ressuraction but she lived and turned against him and working with Jigsaw. That was some dramatic stuff. Jigsaws even made Punisher watch them have sex with his all burn victim wife Maria in a video... Punisher went berserker but it turned out that was not Maria in the end but an agumented woman assassin, who Punisher also burned down at some point.

Two Jigsaws died in the end... I hope they stay dead this time. lol Punisher handled everyone, Punisher put back on track his friendship together with Hanry but Punisher fired Hanry, thinking the words of Jingsaw like ''Would you bring your own real boy in to your crazy war on crime ?!?!?'' That was very dramatic as well. As i said before Remender knew how to play the dramatic cords when the time came. I give the entire run a 9/10.

Last edited by The Dark Knight; 07-19-2022 at 06:46 AM. Reason: gramer mistake. xD
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:15 AM   #2
protector2814
Phoenix

Excellent review Dark Knight. I'm going to have to go out & buy this one now because of it. Thank-you!
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:19 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Excellent review Dark Knight. I'm going to have to go out & buy this one now because of it. Thank-you!
Thanks Protector. I hope they make a reprint or something to your luck because the first print of the omnibus goes for crazy prices now.
Old 07-22-2022, 06:22 AM   #4
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I changed my score for The run from 8/10 to 9/10. After 3 days that i finished the run, it grew on me as a very pleasant memory of good time had. I started to apprechiate the run even more.

There was a childhood memory of Henry, The Jigsaw's son in the run that i forgot to mentione on my review. It was very dramatic and also very travmatic memory for Henry. When he was 11 or 12 or something, his female cat gave birth to 3 kittens. His mother was like ''we can't take care of 3 kittens, you should have been more careful to not to get your cat knocked up and she gave the news to Jigsaw. Jigwas was like ''kids never forget bad memories, that is what stays with them forever'' and then Jigsaw pulled his gun, put it on Henry's mothers temple and told Hanry '' if you don't drown the box of kittens in the sink, i will kill your mother.'' so Henry drowned the box of kittens in the sink. That was so dramatic, that showed the kind of sick maniac the Jigsaw was.

I just wanted to share this part now because it was so good. Deserved a mention
Old 05-07-2023, 09:39 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Man... I just crave Punisher so much... :/ Damn Marvel don't give me my fix... There is no new Punisher Omnibus on the horizon.

Even if i am against killing people and i believe the crime problem can only be solved by education and the fault is on all of us for failing to educate the people who resolve crime or social injustice can cause crime, people must fight social injustice. The blame is again on all of us for creating a sociaty with social injustice and as i said we need better education.

But deep down, i am really angry at criminals that i enjoy reading Punisher butcher them, ofcourse FICTIONALY... lol I can't get enough of Punisher... lol lol
Old 05-07-2023, 09:47 AM   #6
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
There is no new Punisher Omnibus on the horizon.
I feel that same pain brother.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 01:42 PM   #7
protector2814
Phoenix

I just keep going back to my 2 Ennis' Punisher omnis his Max volumes.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 02:11 PM   #8
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

People who read Jason Aaron Max Punisher says it is a good continuation to the Garth Ennis Max Punisher, it was also drawn by Steve Dillon, Ennis and Him are long time collaborators, so it feels like Aaron's run has Ennis's blessing. I really want to read it, but it has been almost 9 years and still no reprint of the Omnibus.