Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-13-2022, 04:59 PM   #21
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Bendis does seem to be better I feel with street level heroes but I do have to say I enjoyed his Superman and his Justice League, plus his Defenders book was very good. I have not start Chip's Batman run but if all Batman stories mattered, happened and counted, he did go into space in the past. If it is well written, a character can be in any setting and it is believable.

Yeah, Batman can be in any setting and i will probably read that but that won't be my ideal Batman. I believe Batman has a tone, a texture same as Daredevil and Punisher that we need to see in his own book. Dark, graunded, Street Level vigilante, some what crime noir who fights against crime. I mean Frank Miller applied his plan for Batman to Daredevil in his Daredevil run 'cause back then no one would give him the keys to the Batman so he worked with what he had. i believe you should treat Batman and Daredevil same. If DC treated Batman like Marvel treated Daredevil, i would be the happiest reader, but DC's anything goes with Batman, just go nuts policy drives me crazy.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 05:05 PM   #22
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I can agree that Batman does work best in the street but if DC just left him there he would not be in the JLA or probably never would have formed the Outsiders

My only issue with Batman are that there are too many ancillary characters now in the Batman universe
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 05:05 PM   #23
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Yeah, Batman can be in any setting and i will probably read that but that won't be my ideal Batman. I believe Batman has a tone, a texture same as Daredevil and Punisher that we need to see in his own book. Dark, Street Level vigilante, some what crime noir who fights against crime. I mean Frank Miller applied his plan for Batman to Daredevil in his Daredevil run 'cause back then no one would give him the keys to the Batman so he worked with what he had. i believe you should treat Batman and Daredevil same. If DC treated Batman like Marvel treated Daredevil, i would be the happiest reader, but DC's anything goes with Batman, just go nuts policy drives me crazy.
DK, I?m right there with ya on the DC stuff. The reason they have pretty much bastardized Bats is because he is the only consistent seller they have.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 05:13 PM   #24
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I can agree that Batman does work best in the street but if DC just left him there he would not be in the JLA or probably never would have formed the Outsiders

My only issue with Batman are that there are too many ancillary characters now in the Batman universe
I never liked JLA anyway... lol But he can be in JLA, ok. I don't read it anyway. May be once in while, i read it. I am not a fan of the 10.000 brats, he carry around as well. Batman in his own title should be a dark loner street level vigilante like Daredevil. Rest of the DCU should not appeare, or he shouldn't go to space. He should have minimum tech. No crazy gagets and stuff. It should be as graunded as possible, but DC can go nuts with JLA title Batman, that's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
DK, I?m right there with ya on the DC stuff. The reason they have pretty much bastardized Bats is because he is the only consistent seller they have.
Yeah, they put him like in everything. xD He is almost on every titles' cover. xD But i don't have to get those titles, you know. I just want Batman's own title to be decent. I only get that as omnibus. xD
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote