Old 10-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #21
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Latest Arrivals.

The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:47 PM   #22
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I would be curious what percentage of people actually wind up reading the books they buy. With many pictures I see of people's collections, you can tell many of the books still have the shrink wrap on many of the books and they have never been read. Its like people are buying them just to collect them. That is something I will just never understand with books like Omnibus's, art books, collected editions, etc. I wind up tearing into mine as soon as they arrive, if not just to browse through and enjoy some of the artwork really quick. I usually have read at least part of the books within 3-4 weeks of buying them.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #23
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I would be curious what percentage of people actually wind up reading the books they buy. With many pictures I see of people's collections, you can tell many of the books still have the shrink wrap on many of the books and they have never been read. Its like people are buying them just to collect them. That is something I will just never understand with books like Omnibus's, art books, collected editions, etc. I wind up tearing into mine as soon as they arrive, if not just to browse through and enjoy some of the artwork really quick. I usually have read at least part of the books within 3-4 weeks of buying them.
Yep, with you there. Many say they do but I highly doubt it. Even more say they will but doubt that too. I've been retired for a year and I'm busier that I was before I retired so I'm struggling to read the ones I have and I've only got about 20.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:06 PM   #24
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Almost all the Books which are in shrink wraps on my shelf are Batman books... The upper shelf's my ''will be read in the future'' shelf lol And I must admit that i'm kind of sick and tried of Batman thanks to weeklies like Batman Eternal and Batman and Robin Eternal... Those were such a Batman overload with the monthlies... Those Batman books are in shrink wrap on my shelf for like may be a year or something.... lol The Bat Books on the shelf are Scott Snyder's New 52 run Batman: Endgame and the rest, Robin: Son of Batman, Detective Comics etc. I'm at the endgame, i will read it soon. I kind of started to want to read Batman again after something like a year but i'm not there yet, i mean i actually kind of want to read just my mangas for a while more.

And yeah, i ordered All Star Batman HC vol. 1 and Batman Rebirth Deluxe HC vol. 1 even if i have catching up to do and i kind of don't want to read Batman yet (but i'm getting there very soon) i don't want to miss the books that i want, what if they get out of stock...
Old 10-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #25
Mister H
Green Goblin

Bats is my favorite character by a long shot, but a lot of his comics aren't that good. Same with Cap, Punisher and Green Lantern. When their stories are good though, they tend to be fantastic, so I buy all the good stories and read and/or look through those all the time. Just not worth the money if you don't truly enjoy the book.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #26
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Yep, with you there. Many say they do but I highly doubt it. Even more say they will but doubt that too. I've been retired for a year and I'm busier that I was before I retired so I'm struggling to read the ones I have and I've only got about 20.
I have possibly thousands, at least several hundreds, of books and make it a point to read every one. Of course, not all have been read as I continue to buy for future reading. But I’m reading constantly with the plan to eventually get through them all. My problem is that I continue to buy at a rate that’s faster than I’m able to read them all.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:06 PM   #27
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Latest Arrivals.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #28
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Latest Arrivals.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #29