Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-10-2022, 11:10 PM   #221
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
Okay, so the portrait on this--a sort of idealized comic book version of Gal Gadot--is essentially the perfect Wonder Woman to me and I want it. I despaired for a moment until I saw that the skirt option was available but it is available so--yay! But I have a few questions:

Is the skirt option for sale anywhere other than Prime 1's site? I couldn't find it on Sideshow or Spec Fiction.

Will this actually ship this year? Apparently initial pre-orders were 4 years ago??? I don't want to tie up a thousand dollars for a year or more.

If I order from Prime 1 and the figure arrives with breakage and I want a refund, is their customer service good about that? Will I have to pay to ship it back? So far I've only ever ordered statues from Sideshow or ebay and they both have great buyer protection in place; ordering from an overseas retailer worries me a little.
I ordered the skirt version and can't wait. The face sculpt does have a Gal Gadot feel to it (and unlike the Queen version, I can actually see the face).

You may want to email Spec and ask.

No idea on the shipping. I've been waiting awhile.

No idea on Prime 1 customer service except I have heard that it is not as responsive as SSC.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:17 AM   #222
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo View Post
Hi !
I compared the pictures of the original wonder woman and the Great Hera. I think we have with the Great Hera, the production head. The details are less accentuated, it's still great, but you can still see the differences (shade, makeup, eyeliner...), even if the brightness is different ^^

What bothers me a bit and I hope it's either a modification for the Great Hera or photoshop, it is Wonder Woman's tiara (injustice version). The top of the bird's head and its wings are different and make it less good (in my opinion). So, we see the fronthead of WW between the base of the hair and the tiara...
That idealized Gal Gadot likeness we see in what are apparently the prototype head pics are what drew me to this figure. The ones you're saying are production heads don't hold as much interest for me, and at this price (especially the premium for the skirt version that I want), I might pass. I think I need to see in-hand pics of this. What a difference a paint job makes, but the difference, especially in the top two pics, is like night and day, at least to my eyes. Disappointing if your theory is true, but maybe it's just the brightness in the shot and it will look better in in-hand pics.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:11 AM   #223
Markhatestoys
Justice League

I pulled the trigger on the limited edition version of this with the skirt last week because it's just too great to risk missing out on, and I just got an e-mail saying my order is ready to ship and the final payment will be taken next week (8/24/22.) I really feel for all the folks who have been waiting four years (!!) for this, but it's finally happening. Standard shipping to the US is $264. Ouch, but that's what happens when you order 1/4 scale statues from Japan I guess. I thought I heard that Prime 1 was opening a warehouse in the US? Is that still happening?

I assume economy shipping would be a lot easier on the wallet but I'm an impatient sort and I don't want to wait months for this gorgeous statue to get here!
Old 08-17-2022, 08:30 AM   #224
Sjb
Justice League

I just received the same email. However, I went with economy shipping… $67. I am a patient man, especially when it saves me $.
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:06 AM   #225
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
I pulled the trigger on the limited edition version of this with the skirt last week because it's just too great to risk missing out on, and I just got an e-mail saying my order is ready to ship and the final payment will be taken next week (8/24/22.) I really feel for all the folks who have been waiting four years (!!) for this, but it's finally happening. Standard shipping to the US is $264. Ouch, but that's what happens when you order 1/4 scale statues from Japan I guess. I thought I heard that Prime 1 was opening a warehouse in the US? Is that still happening?

I assume economy shipping would be a lot easier on the wallet but I'm an impatient sort and I don't want to wait months for this gorgeous statue to get here!
All right then! Means roll out over next few months for folks!
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:44 PM   #226
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
I just received the same email. However, I went with economy shipping? $67. I am a patient man, especially when it saves me $.
Yes, I will do the same. When I've waited four years, what is an extra 2-3 months?
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 12:46 PM   #227
Milo
Doh!

new pics

for Markhatestoys :
We discovered this wonder woman at the beginning of 2019, but the pre-orders started in August 2020. About 9 months late. So two years since we ordered it (the first people x) ) It was long, but it's over soon
I bought in a French shop, so for me it will be December at the earliest ^^'

So, I found pics on Facebook, I don't have the owner's name. Pics are not in a good resolution, but apart from the angry head (I basically don't like it), finally, it looks good (and tiara is good too !!)^^ Can't wait to see better pics

Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:50 PM   #228
Augen
Metal Men

Excited to see more to (and obviously in person) as head sculpt I want looks solid.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:52 PM   #229
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Thanks for the pics! I think the skirt version of this will be the best comic Wonder Woman currently available.

Speaking of the skirt version, Prime 1 just took the final payment from my paypal account, so it should be shipping today or tomorrow...
Old 08-23-2022, 03:12 PM   #230
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Looks to have been executed well.
I'm one of the few that actually likes the pants version.
I also preferred the angry portrait but never felt the head turn married well with that expression.

Actually, thinking about it just now, I think it's the eye-line that throws it off for me - I wish her eyes were more centred, looking straight out.
Still, the whole thing looks great, though.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote