Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-07-2021, 09:02 PM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

George Perez Is Not Doing Well

It was announced today that one of our comic-book super-creators has stage III pancreatic cancer. I'm not going to go in to all the amazing comics George has created or collaborated on, but needless to say, he is an extremely important part of 70's/80's/90's through today huge comic milestones. I respect that George is going to fight his cancer his own way, by deciding not to undergo treatment and to "just let nature take its course." My best friend died from pancreatic cancer & with treatment he only lived 4 months after diagnosis so I feel this may be quick. But ... let's not go dark. Which are your favorite Perez' books?

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I know there is another thread about this but this thread might be a good one to talk about you favorite books and post artwork that George did (great idea protector 2814)

To try to pinpoint it to just a few is hard to do but I will try

1) JLA #192-197, 200 -just a great run of stories
2) Legion of 3 Worlds-the LSH and Perez-what could have been better
3) Avengers Annual#8-this issue epitomized what an annual should be - a single issue story. The Avengers battled the Squadron Supreme in a story set up like a Gardner Fox JLA story with the Avengers dividing up into mini teams to battle a multiple threat
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:04 AM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

I will still pull M. Wolfman's & Perez' Crises On Infinite Earths once every year or two. It holds up & is still a joy to read.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #4
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

There is an article I believe on bleeding Cool that is saying people are requesting that the JLA/avengers books be reprinted in honor of Perez

I have the absolute edition of that and it is fantastic

And I know a lot of those team ups were joint ventures between DC and Marvel but it would be nice if those books could still see print and I mean all of the team ups

I think it would be great to see the JLA/avengers in that huge format that marvel did for those galactus stories and for other stories as well that would be such a wonderful showcase for his artwork
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:58 PM   #5
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
There is an article I believe on bleeding Cool that is saying people are requesting that the JLA/avengers books be reprinted in honor of Perez

I have the absolute edition of that and it is fantastic

And I know a lot of those team ups were joint ventures between DC and Marvel but it would be nice if those books could still see print and I mean all of the team ups

I think it would be great to see the JLA/avengers in that huge format that marvel did for those galactus stories and for other stories as well that would be such a wonderful showcase for his artwork
I also have the absolute edition and consider it to be his magnum opus.

ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:42 AM   #6
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I'm so sorry to hear this... I don't have the Absolute JLA Avengers or i don't have it in anyother format. The book is incredibly OOP...

I only have Crisis on Infinite Earths OHC, Wonder Woman Omnibuses and Teen Titans Omnibuses 1-3 (the old version)

I like George Perez especially as one of The Deathstroke's creators with Marv Wolfman. Deathstroke is an incredible villain. One of my favoriters... He is even my first 1/3 statue in my collection. Really amazing character. I applaud Mr. Perez, congratulation, sir. You are one of the best. we wouldn't have Taskmaster or Deadpool without The Deathstroke, really insprational great villain.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:08 PM   #7
AC_808
Hercules

Sorry to hear this news as well.

I loved his Teen Titans run. Perhaps I should get the omnibuses too.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 10:55 PM   #8
Y3E
Gen 13

Very sad news.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 12:05 AM   #9
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

His Avengers run with Steve Englehart holds a special place for me. Two decades later he signed my Avengers 141, his first Avengers book, with great pride, fanfare and joy. As he has done for so many fans, he made me extremely happy that day.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:28 PM   #10
MrYac
Hercules

https://clanmcdonaldcomics.com/colle...ANUARY%2015TH.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/artic...perez-signing/

. here is where what is sadly likely to be his final signing is being done, if anybody is interested in getting one last book from him.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote