Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-05-2022, 03:13 PM   #11
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Then that is Newsarama's mistake because they said he had been in the Role of the Editor in Chief before he quit Marvel. I just carried whatever i read there. I don't know what a Chief Creative Officer or Executive VP's job involve anyway. (: Forgive my ignorance, i have never worked in a company so far. Quesada must have power over the books in other positions as well. I mean he was the guy behind consistant quality of Daredevil for sure, if you ask me. I know how passionet he was about Daredevil from interviews. I mean a book being that consistantly good is just not luck for sure.
Newsrama’s editing is poor if you got that from them. Here’s an article on newsarama that got it right:

https://www.gamesradar.com/from-stan...tors-in-chief/

…so, if one article’s wrong but the other is right on the same site, they need to clean up their act.

I do agree with you about Quesada’s influence on Daredevil. He brought DD back from near obscurity under which the character suffered following Frank Miller’s historic run. Quesada’s Marvel Knights treatment, and then bringing on Bendis to write the book afterward, made the title hot and the character a star again. The last time DD was great following Bendis was when Mark Waid wrote the book, and that was when Quesada moved to Chief Creative Officer and Axel Alonso became the comic book line EIC. A Chief Creative Officer oversees creative leadership and management for the entire enterprise, so it’s doubtful he oversaw any one comic book line then as he also had creative responsibility for theme parks, movies, merchandise, etc. No apologies necessary for not understanding what CCO’s and EVP/Creative Director’s do in corporations. It’s not clear from their titles what they do. I’ve been part of corporate life, and a CMO for a couple of decades now, so it’s clearer to me.

Last edited by wktf; 06-05-2022 at 03:17 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:41 PM   #12
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

I believe Joe Quesada was responsible for restarting the process of getting the JLA/Avengers crossover published.

And reimagining the Squadron Supreme as the MAX title Supreme Power was also his idea. That was one of my favorite books from that era, so I thank Joe for both of these.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 02:53 PM   #13
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I believe Joe Quesada was responsible for restarting the process of getting the JLA/Avengers crossover published.
It was DC EIC Marie Javins who did all the heavy lifting, as stated by people in the know such as Mark Waid.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:26 PM   #14
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
It was DC EIC Marie Javins who did all the heavy lifting, as stated by people in the know such as Mark Waid.
I'm not talking about this year's Hero Initiative reprint. George Perez said Joe Quesada was the person who restarted the project in 2003 after it was dead in the 1980s.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:11 AM   #15
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I'm not talking about this year's Hero Initiative reprint. George Perez said Joe Quesada was the person who restarted the project in 2003 after it was dead in the 1980s.
Oh, I see.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:55 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

When Bill Jemas was President he made Quesada EIC and, together, they brought Marvel Comics back from the near oblivion to which Ron Perlman’s leveraging shenanigans and the prior editorial team nearly sent them.
Old 08-13-2022, 01:22 PM   #17
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Yeah, as i learned from Newsarama, Quesada quit his Marvel Editor in Chief position after more than 20 years on the job.

What does that mean for Daredevil ? If you don't know Quesada's favorite Marvel character is Daredevil so Quesada kept Daredevil consistantly good as far as he worked with Marvel. Daredevil was consistantly street level, joined no super hero teams, he was in his corner on Hellskitchen doing his thing, having his exceptional street level adventures, something, i always dreamed for Batman. Now, Quesada is out. Do you think the new Editor in Chief will send Daredevil in space, do crazy things with him, make him join Avengers and ruin him just like DC ruined Batman. I hope so... DC ruins Batman constantly, and i hate it so Daredevil fans should feel the same pain... I hope new editor in chief doesn't give two ----s about Daredevil and send him to space with Avengers or something. suffer Daredevil fans, suffer just like me... (:
I heard from Newsarama that Chip Zdarsky will send Batman in to space in the end of his first arc ''Failsafe'' in his own title... like it isn't enough a robot is involved in the story... lol Go to hell DC. (: I don't read a single crap you produce anyway. I haven't read Batman for almost 3 years now... And it seems Zdarsky is no place to come back to the title. Why can't you immitate Daredevil you piece of crap company. Why anything goes with Batman... you piss me off to no end. I still don't have a favorite Batman run, i hope Bendis and Maleev will change that. I have big hopes with Bendis and Maleev. I will get the street level Batman crime book that i always want with them.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 03:21 PM   #18
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I heard from Newsarama that Chip Zdarsky will send Batman in to space in the end of his first arc ''Failsafe'' in his own title... like it isn't enough a robot is involved in the story... lol Go to hell DC. (: I don't read a single crap you produce anyway. I haven't read Batman for almost 3 years now... And it seems Zdarsky is no place to come back to the title. Why can't you immitate Daredevil you piece of crap company. Why anything goes with Batman... you piss me off to no end. I still don't have a favorite Batman run, i hope Bendis and Maleev will change that. I have big hopes with Bendis and Maleev. I will get the street level Batman crime book that i always want with them.
Bendis and Maleev will be on Batman? Their DD run was fantastic. I have high hopes, if so!
Old 08-13-2022, 04:05 PM   #19
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Bendis and Maleev will be on Batman? Their DD run was fantastic. I have high hopes, if so!
Yeah, (: i don't remember where i read it but Bendis&Maleev will come together for a Batman run in the future.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:38 PM   #20
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Bendis does seem to be better I feel with street level heroes but I do have to say I enjoyed his Superman and his Justice League, plus his Defenders book was very good. I have not start Chip's Batman run but if all Batman stories mattered, happened and counted, he did go into space in the past. If it is well written, a character can be in any setting and it is believable.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote