Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-07-2022, 09:49 AM   #1
omigeo
Alpha Flight

The Sandman On NetFlix

So far I'm loving it. The characters seem solid. Love how they did the introduction of this Comic

What are your thoughts so far since its only the first Season?
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:20 AM   #2
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I am a big fan of The Sandman comics but i read it when i was between 15-20 i believe as they print the trades in Turkiye, but the publisher didn't print all of it because of lack of sales so i read as far as vol. 6 or something. I have great memories about Sandman Comics, like it was the Best Thing i have ever read, so out of fear of ruining those memories, i have never came back to Sandman. I won't watch the show as well. I am too scared to not to like it and ruin all of my memories.

I already don't like the cast of Lucifer. I always imagined him as a man like Brad Pitt... casting a woman as Lucifer ? what the hell they were smoking ?!?!?

I already hate those Woke dush bags talking about Sandman like '' this is genderless in Sandman'', ''there is no one with gender in Sandman...'' ''No gender to see here people, move along...'' dumb ----s... Morbius even had a son from a woman and fell in love with a girl in the comics and they are called brother and sister with Death, how come they are genderless, don't make me ----- slap you... dumb woke ----...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:44 AM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

I'm finding the show (just finished the 3rd ep.) pretty damn faithful to the original comic. That being said ... I remember buying & still have all of the original run & the feelings of just how special the comic book was. I'd never read anything like it & it came at the high-point of DC's Vertigo line. Sandman & Hellblazer, for me, were just amazing at the time. I'm just not feeling anything close to the original comic magic with the Netflix show. The Wash. Post review yesterday, mentioned how none of the surrounding DCU was presented in the show like it was in the comic. That's just not true. So far, I've seen Cain & Able, a version of John Constantine, & even The demon, Etrigan & his human counterpart. The show is fun & faithful so I plan on sticking with it.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:38 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I'm finding the show (just finished the 3rd ep.) pretty damn faithful to the original comic. That being said ... I remember buying & still have all of the original run & the feelings of just how special the comic book was. I'd never read anything like it & it came at the high-point of DC's Vertigo line. Sandman & Hellblazer, for me, were just amazing at the time. I'm just not feeling anything close to the original comic magic with the Netflix show. The Wash. Post review yesterday, mentioned how none of the surrounding DCU was presented in the show like it was in the comic. That's just not true. So far, I've seen Cain & Able, a version of John Constantine, & even The demon, Etrigan & his human counterpart. The show is fun & faithful so I plan on sticking with it.

Update. Kirby Howell, the actress who plays Death, is absolutely amazing! All the ridiculous hullabaloo concerning her casting, is absolute crap. She's perfect & should be a big star one day.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:13 PM   #5
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I cannot comment on the comic since I've never read it, but I'm liking the show so far. I will probably read it at some point though.

Thanks for all your comments as well
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:00 AM   #6
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Update. Kirby Howell, the actress who plays Death, is absolutely amazing! All the ridiculous hullabaloo concerning her casting, is absolute crap. She's perfect & should be a big star one day.
I am glad to hear this, but i want to be honest,i would also like to see the porcelain white goth girl in black, i admired so much, on live action but lack of African American characters in Sandman as an American Comics is a concern as well. I am ok with the cast.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote