Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
Rocket
Art of Mod

Comic questions answered here!

I'm not sure if a thread like this already exists, but I sure couldn't find one. The thought I had was that if anyone has a comic related question; What was that issue when.....Who was that guy who.....all that sort of stuff, you ask it here and if any of the wonderful SF comic afficionados can help, they will! I've seen first hand some of the encyclopedic knowledge some of you guys have so please don't be shy and help out!

Ok I will start with a question.

I can't for the life of me find an old DC Story from possibly the mid 80s which featured Batman and Man Bat and I'm pretty sure had them fighting in a church or belfry?? I know the art was quite dark and as a younger reader the story got a little scary there! Any ideas??

Last edited by Rocket; 11-11-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm not 100% sure but i think that was an issue of Brave & the Bold. Not sure of issue number.

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher129 View Post
I'm not 100% sure but i think that was an issue of Brave & the Bold. Not sure of issue number.

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---
Hmmm ok thanks mate
Old 01-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

I like this idea. Just all around comic questions you may have but don't feel like startinig a thread with.
Thanks Rocket .

Here's one I've always wondered about -

Did Matt Murdock and Black Widow break-up? What happened to their relationship. I can't recall. also what ever happened to Matt's seeing eye dog from back when Colan was on art and he and Natasha lived in San Francisco? Did Matt put him down when he moved back to NYC?

Final question for now - What happened to Bruce Wayne's Penthouse Apartment in the Wayne Bldg.?
Did he just shut it down and fill in all the cool tubes to the cave underneath when he moved back to Wayne Manor? Why did he move there in the 1st place?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I'm not sure if a thread like this already exists, but I sure couldn't find one. The thought I had was that if anyone has a comic related question; What was that issue when.....Who was that guy who.....all that sort of stuff, you ask it here and if any of the wonderful SF comic afficionados can help, they will! I've seen first hand some of the encyclopedic knowledge some of you guys have so please don't be shy and help out! Maybe we could get this stickied one day?

Ok I will start with a question.

I can't for the life of me find an old DC Story from possibly the mid 80s which featured Batman and Man Bat and I'm pretty sure had them fighting in a church or belfry?? I know the art was quite dark and as a younger reader the story got a little scary there! Any ideas??
i know that neal adams drew (and denny oenil wrote) a story in detective #402 and i think one other (#406 or 407?). But that is from the early 70s. do you recall what the cover looked like?
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
touche22

There were som Batman/Manbat stories in the 80's around Batman #342 or so.
touche22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I like this idea. Just all around comic questions you may have but don't feel like startinig a thread with.
Thanks Rocket .

Here's one I've always wondered about -

Did Matt Murdock and Black Widow break-up? What happened to their relationship. I can't recall. also what ever happened to Matt's seeing eye dog from back when Colan was on art and he and Natasha lived in San Francisco? Did Matt put him down when he moved back to NYC?

Final question for now - What happened to Bruce Wayne's Penthouse Apartment in the Wayne Bldg.?
Did he just shut it down and fill in all the cool tubes to the cave underneath when he moved back to Wayne Manor? Why did he move there in the 1st place?
Thanks mate, hopefully the concept takes off and this becomes a place where people can get answers as well as questions
Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
i know that neal adams drew (and denny oenil wrote) a story in detective #402 and i think one other (#406 or 407?). But that is from the early 70s. do you recall what the cover looked like?
Not really, but I think from memory that the opening page had Man Bat hanging uoside down, in a long hideous looking shot? I remember the take on him as this demented typre creature who Batman couldn't reason with at all....
Old 01-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
punisher129

Whats the deal with X-23? Is she like wolverines daughter or something?

----PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #10
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher129 View Post
Whats the deal with X-23? Is she like wolverines daughter or something?

----PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---
Neil should answer this as I know he's a big fan, but from my understanding she is the 23rd attempt at cloning Wolverine, hence X-23. She has only two claws on each hand not three, but they are adamantium coated. I believe she is in X Force at the moment? Also I think from memory she was first created as part of the X Men Evolution TV series and featured in comics after that.....