Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-23-2021, 05:14 PM   #27531
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Passion (2013) 5/10

Normally love Brian DePalma stuff but this one is pretty meh.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #27532
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Over the Moon (2020) - In this animated musical, a girl builds a rocket ship and blasts off, hoping to meet a mythical moon goddess.

The animation was fine, but I found the story to be a bunch of random mishmosh. Maybe if I was more familiar with the original Chinese myth on which the movie was based, I'd like it more. 5/10
ParisDean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:57 PM   #27533
Gravitron
Fantastic Four

Mortal Kombat 2021: 3/10
This movie was worse than bad. If it were just bad...that would have been something. I would have been content to sit through bad at this point. It's not even mediocre. It's worse than bad. Like "why did I waste my time watching this? "Bad.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:17 PM   #27534
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitron View Post
Mortal Kombat 2021: 3/10
This movie was worse than bad. If it were just bad...that would have been something. I would have been content to sit through bad at this point. It's not even mediocre. It's worse than bad. Like "why did I waste my time watching this? "Bad.
I completely agree, and I'm an enormous MK fan dating back to the days of the original in the arcades.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:40 PM   #27535
SONICobra
Batman

Mortal kombat: 4/10

About as “meh” as you can get, terrible story/script, bad acting (except kano, he was cool), so many cheesy eye rolling moments. Some parts seemed like they were ripped right out of a 90’s hallmark movie. Too bad, had potential but the og as dated as it is still remains the champion

The only reason why i give it the 4 points i do is there were some good fights, production design was pretty good and the visual effects were pretty solid especially considering the budget im sure they had to work with
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:07 AM   #27536
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post

About as “meh” as you can get, terrible story/script, bad acting (except kano, he was cool), so many cheesy eye rolling moments. Some parts seemed like they were ripped right out of a 90’s hallmark movie. Too bad, had potential but the og as dated as it is still remains the champion

The only reason why i give it the 4 points i do is there were some good fights, production design was pretty good and the visual effects were pretty solid especially considering the budget im sure they had to work with
There were literally only two parts I got really excited about. The Shang Tsung/Kung Lao part and the Sonya/Mileena. The rest was completely cringe. I was so hoping it would be good too.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:55 AM   #27537
nearmint
Phoenix

Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10

It holds up.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:27 AM   #27538
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post

Same score from me. Awful dialogue, horrible writing and wasted characters that are so thinly fleshed out they might as well be a piece of paper.

Bleh.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:46 AM   #27539
Python
Omega Red

Deep Rising. 7/10.

I remember renting the VHS of this a few times when I was a kid (That sentence has made me feel anchient) I saw that it is on Disney + of all places, so I whacked it on again. It's certainly dated in many ways including it's 1998 CGI. But it's also a fairly enjoyable horror with comedy elements. It also features Famke Janssen in her prime, so there's that. Worth a watch if you have an hour or two free and want to switch your brain off.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:54 AM   #27540
Mister H
Gen 13

Yeah Mortal Kombat was a stinker. It seems we’re in a bad movie rut lately. TV shows too for that matter. Hopefully all the cringe will run its course and we’ll have something good to watch. Hell, I would settle for “ok” at this point.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote