Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
Teague
Iron Man

I still hang with one group of friends from HS a couple of times a year--and one of them lives here in Denver too, so I see him a couple times a month. Granted, we all knew each other through college and after, so we sort of grew up together; that makes a huge difference. The friends I didn't see after high school, it's been tougher to reconnect (though I've done it, here and there, and for the most part it's worth it).

I think this depends largely on the crowd with whom you graduated, and the length of time since graduation. I graduated from HS in 1987, and just went back to my 20-year reunion--some moments of weirdness, but overall, fun.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #12
protector2814
Phoenix

I make new friends but, I don't know...I'm 45 and have stayed good friends w/ maybe 7 of my high-school buds. We don't see each other all the time, maybe 10 times a year, but we went through the phases together. Sure bars were a part of it but so was college get-to-gethers, bachelor parties, weddings, baptisms, mixed the wives into the soup, kids, etc... Now, we play poker a few times a year, barbeque, have a cocktail party where we invite other friends too, shoot e-mails.
I like haviing guys around that I have history with. Having their moms make you a sandwich after school then and finally being there for the same mom's funeral 25 years later puts a lot of stuff in perspective. They were good friends to begin with and some of them still are. No b.s. w/ these guys.
If you stay friends w/ the guys you were once good friends with, life can feel less freaky.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

Im not on facebook for a reason but I'm close friends with most of my HS buds
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
patrickwm68
The Flash

On Facebook, I recently got in touch with a bunch of people I went to grade school and high school with.

I'm puzzled by a few that either would not respond or broke off contact after a few e-mails. One girl I went to grade school with even went so far as to remove herself from all the old photos she was tagged in, including mine.

I guess some people don't want to be reminded of the past.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #15
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I made some of my best friends in high school - maybe you guys hung out with the wrong people...

My friends and I get together still - once a week, to play cards, or soft ball - we won't ever stop talking. Some of the best people I ever met.
See thats the thing, it was my whole graduating class i couldnt stand.

Guess its cause of art school that opened my eyes to more then what people i grew up had to offer.

I can honestly say if i didnt go to college and kept in contact with HS people. I would never ever be able to depend on them for anything. While my College buddies are there for me at the drop of a dime and i have done the same for them over the years.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #16
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

My best friends in the world have always been a fantastic group of friends I made in high school. There's about 8 of us who have always remained close for more than 30 years now. It's great.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #17
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Aside from a number of acquaintances from the Forces, I have a small circle of three friends that I met in high school. We remain fairly close.

Aside from these three I have no interest in seeing anyone else from those days. Haven't attended any of the reunions nor do I plan to.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #18
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Aside from a number of acquaintances from the Forces, I have a small circle of three friends that I met in high school. We remain fairly close.

Aside from these three I have no interest in seeing anyone else from those days. Haven't attended any of the reunions nor do I plan to.
What he said...
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #19
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
Im not on facebook for a reason but I'm close friends with most of my HS buds

That's how I feel. I don't want a lot of folks from my past finding me....or even knowing I'm alive.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #20
mrc1986
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Im 22 and i hang out with about 5-10 people from high school. We go to clubs and bars although alot less now cause i guess we are growing out of it a bit. We used to have a big group of friends that were close, but alot of kids just never grew up. They have no ambition to work or be a productive member of society so I kinda just drifted away cause they're trouble and its kinda sad.

And when people message me on facebook or myspace ill answer but pretty much keep it at that. But if i run into someone ill say hi and talk a bit.

I actually hate seeing ex-gfs from high school and college but thankfully i havent ran into too many. Its not cause we hate each other its just a weird pet peeve i have.
mrc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote