1 cup chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
12 ounces linguine
3/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup dried Italian-style breadcrumbs

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Spread 1 tablespoon of butter over a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish. Melt 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil in a deep large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook until pale golden and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate to cool slightly. Coarsely shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and into a large bowl.

Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil to the same pan. Add the mushrooms and saute over medium-high heat until the liquid from the mushrooms evaporates and the mushrooms become pale golden, about 12 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme, and saute until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until it evaporates, about 2 minutes. Transfer the mushroom mixture to the bowl with the chicken.

Melt 3 more tablespoons butter in the same pan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, cream, broth, nutmeg, remaining 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Increase the heat to high. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 10 minutes.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until it is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 9 minutes. Drain. Add the linguine, sauce, peas, and parsley to the chicken mixture. Toss until the sauce coats the pasta and the mixture is well blended.

Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish. Stir the cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the pasta. Dot with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown on top and the sauce bubbles, about 25 minutes.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:45 AM   #3
ratchet
Mandarin

Cold Cereal:

Box of Cereal
Milk
Bowl
Spoon

Take the box of cereal and tip it slightly allowing the dry cereal to fill the bowl to your desired amount. You can have as little or as much as you'd like - you can even re-fill the bowl if you desire. After the bowl is filled add the milk. The box says 1 cup to every serving - but you can, again, fill it to your hearts desire.

Serve and Enjoy!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:51 AM   #4
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

http://emerilstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=40EW708

got this for x-mas

cast iron reversible grill from emerils' collection. i had one before from target $10 and the non-stick surface came off on the food. i bought another non-stick for $30 and it lasted a little longer but not even a year. cast iron is the way to go on these. you cant put them in the dishwasher but as long as you pour a little oil or pam on them before you cook the food come right off. the emeril one also has a grease cather around the edges. best one on the market and if you cook for a family of 4 this is a lot faster then a round skillet.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
hawkeyethearcher

asian item that kicks orange chickens butt

tangerine beef

3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 pound flank steak or tri-tip, cut in thin strips on the bias
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon chili sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup freshly squeezed tangerine juice
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
3 scallions, chopped
1/4 tangerine, zested
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

In a resealable plastic bag combine the soy sauce and cornstarch and mix well. Add beef, cover, and let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.

Whisk together the sherry, hoisin, honey, chili sauce, soy sauce, and tangerine juice until completely combined.

In large pan or wok, heat oil on high. Add the ginger and beef and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add sauce mixture and cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat until sauce thickens. Serve on warm platter, garnish with scallions, tangerine zest and sesame seeds.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
hawkeyethearcher

kansas city rub means sugar based. memphis means spicy. carolina the birth place of bbq uses pork as there main item. texas main item is brisket and brisket mean awesome.

kansas city rib rub
•1/2 cup brown sugar
•1/4 cup paprika
•1 tablespoon black pepper
•1 tablespoon salt
•1 tablespoon chili powder
•1 tablespoon garlic powder
•1 tablespoon onion powder
•1 teaspoon cayenne

Combine all ingredients together and transfer to an air tight container

Memphis Style Rib Rub
•4 teaspoons paprika
•2 teaspoons salt
•2 teaspoons onion powder
•2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
•1 teaspoons cayenne

Mix ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.

Carolina BBQ Rub
•2 tablespoons salt
•2 tablespoons sugar
•2 tablespoons brown sugar
•2 tablespoons ground cumin
•2 tablespoons chili powder
•2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
•1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
•1/4 cup paprika

texas brisket rub
•1/2 cup paprika
•1/3 cup brown sugar
•3 tablespoons garlic powder
•3 tablespoons onion powder
•2 tablespoons oregano
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
made famous on the maury show

Chicken Tetrazzini

9 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, finely chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups whole milk, room temperature
1 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
1 cup chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
12 ounces linguine
3/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup dried Italian-style breadcrumbs

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Spread 1 tablespoon of butter over a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish. Melt 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil in a deep large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook until pale golden and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate to cool slightly. Coarsely shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and into a large bowl.

Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil to the same pan. Add the mushrooms and saute over medium-high heat until the liquid from the mushrooms evaporates and the mushrooms become pale golden, about 12 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme, and saute until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until it evaporates, about 2 minutes. Transfer the mushroom mixture to the bowl with the chicken.

Melt 3 more tablespoons butter in the same pan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, cream, broth, nutmeg, remaining 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Increase the heat to high. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 10 minutes.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until it is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 9 minutes. Drain. Add the linguine, sauce, peas, and parsley to the chicken mixture. Toss until the sauce coats the pasta and the mixture is well blended.

Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish. Stir the cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the pasta. Dot with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown on top and the sauce bubbles, about 25 minutes.

and you are not the father
ansel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
ansel39

Quote:
http://emerilstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=40EW708

got this for x-mas

cast iron reversible grill from emerils' collection. i had one before from target $10 and the non-stick surface came off on the food. i bought another non-stick for $30 and it lasted a little longer but not even a year. cast iron is the way to go on these. you cant put them in the dishwasher but as long as you pour a little oil or pam on them before you cook the food come right off. the emeril one also has a grease cather around the edges. best one on the market and if you cook for a family of 4 this is a lot faster then a round skillet.
i have sooo much cast iron i have a skillet my grandmother gave me. it has been used since 1947
Old 01-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
hawkeyethearcher

cast iron rocks. i have nonstick small skillets for eggs for myself but all the big stuff is cast iron. nonstick just doesnt last and cant take the beating of everday serious cooking
Old 01-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #10
ansel39

Quote:
cast iron rocks. i have nonstick small skillets for eggs for myself but all the big stuff is cast iron. nonstick just doesnt last and cant take the beating of everday serious cooking
i use a stainless skillet for alot but my cast iron makes the best cornbread