Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-30-2006, 05:47 PM   #51
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm still after that Jessica Rabbit. I'd love it if they did a big fig of Benny the cab with Roger in it. I'd like to check out Megara. I'm still looking for a more definitive Jack piece. I'd prolly pick that one up, but even the Big Fig wasn't as impressive as I would have liked. Still here's hoping they make a Genie piece. And I always wanted some stuff made from Atlantis cause I loved that flick. Not to mention more Incredibles stuff!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #52
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

They just released a pretty cool limited Genie piece:

http://www.wdccduckman.com/fingertipmagic.htm

I you like Aladdin I strongly recommend Cave of Wonders. At 750 pieces it is sure to become hard to find.

I think this is the best Jack piece they have done so far and at a reasonable price considering this is WDCC we are talking about. Their stuff is usually overpriced.

I am staying away from the big figures due to space and budget.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #53
Ghost

I actually think the big figs are better then some of these when it comes down to the sculpt. That Genie looks pretty good but I'd like to see it in person. I wanted to get my rents the Lady and the Tramp big figs but couldn't in time. But I agree that alot of the WDCC stuff is pretty pricey for their size and work on them.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #54
Ghost

Now that I saw the rest of them, Cave of Wonders is ok. I'm more of a fan of Genie. I also liked "Losing to a Rug" piece. But alot of these are crazy money!
Old 08-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #55
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Cave of Wonders, like most sculpts, is much better in person.

The good thing about most WDCC pieces is that the open edition ones usually don't hold their value that much. There are a few exceptions to that rule but for the most part that's the case. You can get some excellent deals on ebay.

You gotta love Disney to collect WDCC. Most of these pieces are not investment worthy but just for your pure personal enjoyment.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #56
Ghost

I can definitely see that.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:58 PM   #57
Andy Bergholtz
Sculptor
Sculptor

Thanks for that link Solid! I'm actually working on a piece for WDCC right now and was wondering if there was a site with better coverage than the Enesco site... This one's going in the bookmarks!

On another note, the only big fig I currently own is the Rafiki/Simba statue (which I actually bought for my daughter). As a whole, I think the line can be kinda hit-or-miss... Some of the sculpts look great, and others not so much. I gotta have Maleficent, although like you I'll probably draw the line there due to money and space. Although if they ever released a well-sculpted 24" Mr. Incredible I'd have to add that one as well.

In comparison I think WDCC's pieces are more consistent in sculptural quality... Considering that the majority of them are sculpted by Kent Melton (with others by Procopio, Cipriano, etc) it's not a surprise.

Last edited by Andy Bergholtz; 08-30-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Andy Bergholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:36 AM   #58
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Don't forget Dusty Horner. Him, Tony and Kent are the heart of WDCC. Everyone else they get to contribute usually do very good work as well.

I agree the big figures are very inconsistent in terms of quality. Some are awesome like Jessica Rabbit or Jedi Mickey. Others look like oversized happy meal toys. Regarding the WDCC line, I would love a young Mr Incredible WDCC sculpt (blue suit). They seem to be releasing those characters in pairs but taking their sweet time.

I can't wait to see what you are working on Andy. Hopefully one of my favorite movies/characters. If your sculpt gets released early next year may be you can attend the rumored WDCC convention I hear is happening next year for the 15th anniversary of the line.