Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-30-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Question Hollow Statues?

Ok, I just got done visiting the SS section and am always amazed with how many damaged pieces they continually produce. The lastest straw is the magnificently sculpted Spider-man vs Hulk dio. Multiple damage reports continue to come in. Pictures of a very hollow HULK are shown. Now I buy DST, BD & HH. My 1st SS piece is going to be the Wolverine Comiquette. I'm really starting to feel that quality control is an issue with SS and fear that my Wolverine Comiqutte may not arrive in one piece. My question is are all full sized statues hollow like SS? I have about 20 BD statues, 2 HH and 6 by DST and most feel pretty solid (except for maybe BD Silver Surfer). I guess my point is that I've been buying these things forever and have never seen a company produce so many fine quality pieces, at a premium, while at the same time have so many reports of damaged production pieces.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
vetteman
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I would not be disheartened by what you saw in that thread. There is no way that piece was supposed to be made that thin. The walls of Hulk's legs were as think as a baseball card.
vetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
moon_knight1971
Rescue

That's kinda my point Vette. Guys like us are paying a high premium for these and they're nothing more than $0.25 worth of resin for almost 2 feet of superhero statue. These things should have more substance to them IMO.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Let's break all our statues and find out if they're hollow or not...

You go first...
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:00 PM   #5
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Pablo if I can uses your head for what I break it against we have a deal!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971
Ok, I just got done visiting the SS section and am always amazed with how many damaged pieces they continually produce. The lastest straw is the magnificently sculpted Spider-man vs Hulk dio. Multiple damage reports continue to come in. Pictures of a very hollow HULK are shown. Now I buy DST, BD & HH. My 1st SS piece is going to be the Wolverine Comiquette. I'm really starting to feel that quality control is an issue with SS and fear that my Wolverine Comiqutte may not arrive in one piece. My question is are all full sized statues hollow like SS? I have about 20 BD statues, 2 HH and 6 by DST and most feel pretty solid (except for maybe BD Silver Surfer). I guess my point is that I've been buying these things forever and have never seen a company produce so many fine quality pieces, at a premium, while at the same time have so many reports of damaged production pieces.
Actually, they don't produce any damaged pieces. For the most part FedEx and UPS get the credit for that. I wouldn't worry about the Wolverine. It's nicely packaged, not as intricate as some of these other pieces and it is not a hollow. The possibility of it being damaged in transit is always there but what can you do about that? You could buy from an LCS and then it's his headache if a piece is damaged. It sucks to get damaged pieces and I have had my shar but it's also good to know that Sideshow will ALWAYS take care of it.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Pablo if I can uses your head for what I break it against we have a deal!

If you use his head let us know if it's hollow even though I have a good idea already.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #8
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

the wolvie comiquette isn't hollow

it's heavy as lead
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:

I've been buying these things forever and have never seen a company produce so many fine quality pieces, at a premium, while at the same time have so many reports of damaged production pieces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman

The walls of Hulk's legs were as thin as a baseball card.

Astounding.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #10
vetteman
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00
the wolvie comiquette isn't hollow

it's heavy as lead
I don't think any statue is as hollow as that Hulk if at all. That was just scary. I wouldn't be suprised if you could see light through it.
vetteman is offline   Reply With Quote