Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #281
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Also just to add to this i have cancelled all my pieces now except 1 which tbh i may cancel in the future anyway.

Delaying the Subzero to the middle of next year is a joke and i'll be much happier to give my money to others at this point.
I had been waiting on refunds as well for 12 months now. Countless emails and contacts. Several followups and nothing. I decided to keep 3 of the pieces at that time because I still had faith in PCS. Even during the side show migration i kept them.

Im cancelling the 3 I was holding on to as well as well. I'm done with PCS.
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #282
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I have 2 that I really want and will be sticking to my orders until I get them.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:26 PM   #283
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebreak2000 View Post
I had been waiting on refunds as well for 12 months now. Countless emails and contacts. Several followups and nothing. I decided to keep 3 of the pieces at that time because I still had faith in PCS. Even during the side show migration i kept them.

Im cancelling the 3 I was holding on to as well as well. I'm done with PCS.
Honestly the big thing that is putting me off apart from the delays is the after market, it's non-existent.

When i look on ebay and see the 1:3 Evil Ryu selling for £600....and it was piece i couldn't PO because it sold out within a minute...and Street fighter pieces struggling to make £200....pieces that once sold for £500-£600.

And then Sideshow has most pieces on sale with free shipping or double rewards...

Why am i going to pay full price and shipping and import fees for pieces i can pick up a month or 2 after release for anywhere between 20-40% less.

At this point i'm much happier putting my money into pieces that are gonna satisfy and not drop like a stone on the aftermarket...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #284
bonebreak2000

Quote:
Honestly the big thing that is putting me off apart from the delays is the after market, it's non-existent.

When i look on ebay and see the 1:3 Evil Ryu selling for £600....and it was piece i couldn't PO because it sold out within a minute...and Street fighter pieces struggling to make £200....pieces that once sold for £500-£600.

And then Sideshow has most pieces on sale with free shipping or double rewards...

Why am i going to pay full price and shipping and import fees for pieces i can pick up a month or 2 after release for anywhere between 20-40% less.

At this point i'm much happier putting my money into pieces that are gonna satisfy and not drop like a stone on the aftermarket...
I believe a lot of that drop off has to do with the state of PCS. There are many collectors that wrote them off after things starting changing.
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #285
CyberSteak

So how do we filter out PCS products while browsing for stuff on sideshow?
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:59 PM   #286
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:

And honestly that is what is behind all of this.
It isn't about financial gain as much as financial waste and the continued perception of value.

If PCS statues were appreciating like the 1/4 Sagat who would cancel?
People weren't planning on "flipping" but on the other side who pays for something they know is financially less valued than what they are paying?

What I do know for certain is it's way easier to risk other people's money and there's a Ferrari or two and a bank account that should just about cover refunds for every late and undelivered statue and then Jerry Macaluso as their rightful owner and "true collector", can see how he likes taking ownership of a boat load of devalued masterpieces.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:34 PM   #287
actionjackson83
Midnighter

What i'd like to know is what do we do with orders that were fullfilled by PCS and we had to go through returns with them? Are we screwed with those orders?
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:03 PM   #288
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
What i'd like to know is what do we do with orders that were fullfilled by PCS and we had to go through returns with them? Are we screwed with those orders?
You know both the answers:
Contact PCS by email.
Possibly screwed in the long term and definitely in the short term.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:06 PM   #289
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Didn’t get the email for the credit.
I still haven't either.

Anybody else missing emails?

Anyone work this out directly with reps even without an email?
Old 10-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #290
qz33
Doctor Doom

Ahh Jopp bringing the truth.

I do have to wonder though if that November 2016 when they were concocting this plan if it was possible for PCS to mitigate the damages by cancelling already PO'd statues at that point.
Was there even enough money then or was Jerry or the boys too stubborn to give it all up?

They've spent a lot on operations and prototypes since then. If not I'd wager there will be cancelled statues in the future.

Still I'd say without Ant and Martin making this Sideshow deal there'd be a lot of people left high and dry.

What a fitting post for Macaluso's page!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jopp.png
Views:	119
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	118047

Click image for larger version

Name:	Macu1.png
Views:	105
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	118048