Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 07-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #41
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Arthur is a pretty big douche bag, hes been to the Calgary expo the past few years and he is not a nice person. He refuses to sign anything unless you buy at least one print, thats really all he cares about is selling prints. One year I asked him to sign a marvel zombies hardcover, he didnt do the main art but he did all the covers which were included in the book, he literally spent 5 minutes flipping through the book making fun of the other artists and their artwork laughing and saying how bad it was, very unprofessional

in calgary he always has a really big table setup going, at this expo he probably thought "how dare they give the great arthur such a small table, I will steal these other artists tables because they suck and arent as good as me at art, so its justified"
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #42
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Arthur is a pretty big douche bag, hes been to the Calgary expo the past few years and he is not a nice person. He refuses to sign anything unless you buy at least one print, thats really all he cares about is selling prints. One year I asked him to sign a marvel zombies hardcover, he didnt do the main art but he did all the covers which were included in the book, he literally spent 5 minutes flipping through the book making fun of the other artists and their artwork laughing and saying how bad it was, very unprofessional

in calgary he always has a really big table setup going, at this expo he probably thought "how dare they give the great arthur such a small table, I will steal these other artists tables because they suck and arent as good as me at art, so its justified"
Really? Has he taken a good look at his art lately? I'm sorry but its photoshop at its worst.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:01 PM   #43
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

As Quicky so eloquent put it... Suydam is the most narcissistic, unprofessional artist I have ever encountered. Slated other artists work and then said something to the effect of how Marvel needs his covers to sell books. He wanted $300.00 for a ballpoint pen head sketch inside of the book, but they are "super detailed" according to him. I laughed and walked away. I will never, ever purchase anything else of his for as longs as I live.
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #44
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Here's Suydam faux-addressing the Photoshop jobs:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...ine-confirmed/

He also claims he hasn't updated his website in years, although some have pinpointed it was updated this past April.

Spin spin spin spin....spin spin spin spin....

Quote:
That definitely squares with all the other stories fans have of him reaming other artists as "journeymen" he doesn't want to be "associated with" and wanting top billing over guys like Stan Lee and Neal Adams. And it also explains a lot about why he feels entitled to steal other creators' tables. If he holds other creators in such contempt, why would he care about costing them business?
greenjeans1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:11 PM   #45
Underdog07
Hercules

I am still in shock that last February Pete Carroll did not hand the ball to Arthur
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:23 PM   #46
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Why is "journeyman" a bad thing?
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:21 PM   #47
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
Why is "journeyman" a bad thing?
We're talking about someone whose self-penned bio makes him out to be the Second Coming. I don't think his idea of "journeyman" lines up with that it actually means.
greenjeans1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:53 PM   #48
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Suydam should compare himself to an artist like Alex Ross. The Ross exhibit should steal his tablessss haha.
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:14 AM   #49
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans1978 View Post
Here's Suydam faux-addressing the Photoshop jobs:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...ine-confirmed/

He also claims he hasn't updated his website in years, although some have pinpointed it was updated this past April.

Spin spin spin spin....spin spin spin spin....

That definitely squares with all the other stories fans have of him reaming other artists as "journeymen" he doesn't want to be "associated with" and wanting top billing over guys like Stan Lee and Neal Adams. And it also explains a lot about why he feels entitled to steal other creators' tables. If he holds other creators in such contempt, why would he care about costing them business?
LOL, that's really embarrassing. It's so sad to see the lies that he's coming up with the explain that pic. "It must be a photo from a Sunday when I draw free sketches for the kids" Sure, buddy just look at all the kids in that line.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:18 AM   #50
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold Gravitas View Post
Get in (the photoshopped) line.
Noe THAT'S funny. I've never met Arthur before, but this one story was enough to make me not like him too much. The other details are just an orgy of evidence that he's a likely tool box. I don't want to see someone get ruined over something like this, but if he can take his lumps and become a good dude as a result then this is all good medicine.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote