Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #41
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
Well aware, and I wasn't a fan of the variant release at the time either.
Not the variant color. That was the second medusa statue. I had no issue with the variant as iirc it was still within the original ES (regular color was undermade).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:45 PM   #42
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermgiles View Post
I kind of like the idea of a new Achilles/leonidas cause I didn't know about ARH when those where out.So I would be interested...the biggest thing that sucks is there are so many good statues out or coming out right now its almost impossible to keep up on pre-orders,lol! Unless I want to become homeless!

I really liked the Alexander the Great... anyone know if you can still get one? Preorder was up for awhile and now just gone. Any info?
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...36&mode=retail
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:48 PM   #43
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2
Not the variant color. That was the second medusa statue. I had no issue with the variant as iirc it was still within the original ES (regular color was undermade).
Oh, I thought we were talking 1/4 scale here since ARH long ago made the declaration that's what they were exclusively moving towards. That made the subject matter revisits more palatable at the time.

In any event, yeah, I had the 1/6 Medusa as well but moved on to 1/4 along with their line. Like I said, good for them for the cash grab, but technique, technology, whatever - I can't imagine anything replacing the original 1/4 Medusa in my collection.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:52 PM   #44
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
All I can say in our defense is that we will be introducing about 18 statues at NYCC. These include 4-5 new Frazetta products, Hades, Poseidon, Mermaids, and probably the Tarzan vs Gorilla. I think that's a lot to be excited about. I don't know if you guys saw the studio video where we discussed sculpting the new Medusa, but part of the reason we want to revisit some of the old sculpts is simply because the technology has improved. We can get so much more detail in our work now. Not trying to take anything away from the older sculpts. Just trying to step up our game. That's why I'm here. Not trying to start controversy. Just wanna make rad stuff to get people amped.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:21 AM   #45
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
Oh, I thought we were talking 1/4 scale here since ARH long ago made the declaration that's what they were exclusively moving towards. That made the subject matter revisits more palatable at the time.

In any event, yeah, I had the 1/6 Medusa as well but moved on to 1/4 along with their line. Like I said, good for them for the cash grab, but technique, technology, whatever - I can't imagine anything replacing the original 1/4 Medusa in my collection.
Then happily ignore it ;p I have the 1/4th as well, and if the new one is equally great I will be interested. If not I won't be :P Too many revisits are bad but they have new stuff coming too so I am willing to keep an open mind ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:40 AM   #46
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
All I can say in our defense is that we will be introducing about 18 statues at NYCC. These include 4-5 new Frazetta products, Hades, Poseidon, Mermaids, and probably the Tarzan vs Gorilla. I think that's a lot to be excited about. I don't know if you guys saw the studio video where we discussed sculpting the new Medusa, but part of the reason we want to revisit some of the old sculpts is simply because the technology has improved. We can get so much more detail in our work now. Not trying to take anything away from the older sculpts. Just trying to step up our game. That's why I'm here. Not trying to start controversy. Just wanna make rad stuff to get people amped.
What's the story with Tarzan vc Croc?
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:13 AM   #47
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Then happily ignore it ;p I have the 1/4th as well, and if the new one is equally great I will be interested. If not I won't be :P Too many revisits are bad but they have new stuff coming too so I am willing to keep an open mind ;p
Oh, I'll ignore it, I don't know about happily, though. Point is, as a longtime supporter, it's a bit off-putting with the seemingly continuous revisits when those resources could be used elsewhere. There are other subjects that would be in demand as well that can't be measured by eBay sales (i.e. they haven't been done yet). Honestly, the reason that Medusa sells for so much on eBay is because it's an incredible statue and, like it or not, the low ES.

Regardless, I can't buy 18 statues at once anyway so I'll look forward to the new subject reveals.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:56 PM   #48
smtown1
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

The new Medusa when to start pre-order?
smtown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #49
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Tarzan and Croc is still being reworked. It was done in sculpey and when it was shown at comic con it had already been baked. This makes revisions very slow and tedious.
We hope the Perseus vs Medusa 1/6 dio goes up for preorder next month. As for the 1/4 Medusa that I am doing now, I'm not sure. The sculpt will certainly be done by the end of the month. We will still have to make molds, cast, and paint obviously.
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:01 AM   #50
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Kick ass, can't wait to see them!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote