Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #31
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
If by some twist of fate I'm not working on friday-sunday, and tickets to the Gold Coast Film Festival screening of Cabin in the Woods isn't sold out, I'm going to seriously think of flying up. I mean, who needs savings??
I like your way of thinking
I often find myself just splurging too lol
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #32
BoloMusashi
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
No-one from SF attending the Supanova Gold Coast show?
I was hoping to be at either the Melb or GC shows but sadly can't make the trek because of work deadlines <shakes fist> Look forward to seeing everyone's hauls though.
BoloMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #33
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Have fun over the next two days Royd. I want to see some amazing free art and pictures of Summer Glau!
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #34
Royd
Producer
Producer

Well, I got back from Supanova Gold Coast last night and........ nothing to show!! Haha!

Actually, that's not quite true because Carlos Pacheco and his art dealer Miguel very kindly sent me a page from the latest issue of X-Men #10 featuring a rather "hot" scene with Namor and Emma Frost!

I'm very grateful indeed for the generous gift and will put up a scan of the page in a few days time when I have access to a scanner again.

The reason why I didn't manage to acquire a con sketch from Carlos was because he had a large number of requests and worked his way through his list right up to the end of the con. I told him to focus on the fans requests and to get to my Shanna request if he could. By the end of the con, he was exhausted and apologised for not being able to get to my request.

I honestly didn't mind because he had already given me an awesome page and there's still hope it might happen down the track Meanwhile, I got to spend a lot of quality time with both Carlos and Brian Michael Bendis throughout the con and during dinners/drinks during the evening.

As the Supanova Comics Creator guest liaison person, I was privileged to have been able to build a good relationship with the comics creator guests. I'll post a few photos soon which will include Carlos and Bendis along with pics with Morena Baccarin, Jamie Alexander, Will Wheaton et al!
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #35
blink90210

Sounds like you had a great time Royd, not all of us can be as successful as getting con sketches as others, right? Looking at no one in particular...
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the celebs (but don't forget this so-called "hot" scene with Emma Frost).
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #36
Royd
Producer
Producer

Haha, Rod made out like a bandit - not bad for a padawan

Here's the hot scene I was referring to (thanks to Rod for the scans as I wasn't able to access a scanner and he found these for me) -

and the page it's from -

Notice the original art shows Emma sans top - yowza! Hope to post some photos soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post
Sounds like you had a great time Royd, not all of us can be as successful as getting con sketches as others, right? Looking at no one in particular...
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the celebs (but don't forget this so-called "hot" scene with Emma Frost).
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #37
Royd
Producer
Producer

Here are some pics -

Brian Michael Bendis, Tristan Jones and Carlos Pacheco (and some guy from Supanova )

Morena Baccarin

Jamie Alexander (Thor)

Will Wheaton

Old 04-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #38
jollyskeleton

Lovely photos Royd! Morena and Jaimie are total babes
Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #39
Royd
Producer
Producer

And they seemed genuinely pleased to be at the con and enjoying their trip To Oz! Lovely ladies indeed although I did suffer from a slight case of fumble mouth while chatting to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyskeleton View Post
Lovely photos Royd! Morena and Jaimie are total babes
Old 04-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #40
jollyskeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
And they seemed genuinely pleased to be at the con and enjoying their trip To Oz! Lovely ladies indeed although I did suffer from a slight case of fumble mouth while chatting to them
Totally forgivable. haha. I saw Jaimie during her panel when she just arrived off the plane on Sunday at Melbourne Supanova. Really cool chick.

Had a funny incident with Morena at the photo booth. I said thanks after the photo with her and Summer and started walking off. I said "enjoy your stay here" and Morena said "you too" before realising that sounded weird and she tried to change it but couldn't... and ended up saying "ah, you know what i mean" with a funny look. lol

But yea, she was really really genuine and having loads of fun there. I really like guests like that who behave down to earth and all