Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #21
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

B2S... I totally appreciate your honesty. Great pics and excellent review!
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #22
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Damn. Was hoping I could resist this. Looks like I'm in trouble.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #23
built2shred
Phoenix

Thanks guys...

I really did look over that statue with a magnifying glass and those were the only two issues I could find with the statue, the rest of the paint application was near flawless. I already put a small dab of red paint on the chipped area and it looks perfect now...

All the extra parts swapped out easily. Placing him in the base took a little bit of effort as the fitting is fairly tight, but just make sure you keep him as even as possible when you put his foot into the base slot and he should slide in without to much trouble. Just don't force it.

You could easily kill someone if you hit them over the head with this statue, it's really heavy and solid.. So if anyone ever breaks into your house this is the weapon of choice

Capt. is a pretty simple design but when I look at him next to other statues I own he just really stands out, the vibrant colors, great sculpt and a great paint app, it just really grabs your attention.

Forgot to mention when I first took him out I thought he had blue overspray on his body, it's rather noticeable in the box, but once you get some light on him you can see they use blue shadowing instead of black on his stomach area to emphasize his abs and muscles. I had to look at everyone else's pictures before I realized they were all like that, you can see the blue tinge in the white section of his outfit. Thought I'd give you guys heads up so you don't initialy freak out like I did

I also like that you get to register your statue so people know it's legit... and if you sell it you can transfer ownership to the new person... And as a plus it's always fun to think your only 1 of 500 people worldwide who owns this bad boy
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #24
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Well...another happy customer here. XM Cap arrived and it is awesome complete with coin. The statue is solid and so is the paint. The packaging is premium and superb, I can't imagine the item getting damaged barring some catastrophic handling. My outer and inner box has dents but the statue was untouched! XM is for real!

Forgive the lack of pics and the poor quality, but it was all I could do to unbox to check the statue as I am in a leg cast. I had to get my wife to help me unbox it. I did not go over it with a mag glass but I see nothing but mint.

wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:54 PM   #25
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
Well...another happy customer here. XM Cap arrived and it is awesome complete with coin. The statue is solid and so is the paint. The packaging is premium and superb, I can't imagine the item getting damaged barring some catastrophic handling. My outer and inner box has dents but the statue was untouched! XM is for real!

Forgive the lack of pics and the poor quality, but it was all I could do to unbox to check the statue as I am in a leg cast. I had to get my wife to help me unbox it. I did not go over it with a mag glass but I see nothing but mint.

Welcome to the club
Old 06-11-2014, 04:02 AM   #26
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

Congrats wolf-brother!!
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:02 AM   #27
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Welcome to the club
Thanks b2s and acme. It's a very impressive piece, there will be more XM in the collection for sure!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:22 AM   #28
rhy

Finally, the Super Solider has come back to the Bay!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #29
built2shred
Phoenix

Grats Rhy...
Old 06-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #30
rhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Grats Rhy...
thanks B2

They captured Rogers baby blues perfectly.

It looks great in natural light

XM took the statue collectible game to the next level.. SS, PCS, Bowen, please take note.