Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #31
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The pose on this one is STRIKING, and it is apparently going up for PO "in the near future". This could be VERY VERY interesting. I hope we get to see the full reveal soon.

P.S. to Igo and Alex you guys have to talk to the High Muckety Mucks and arrange to get this produced in the same factory as you had the Superman, GHulk, and KHulk produced in. Those have been some of the best quality paint jobs that I have seen since a started collecting, and I have seen some older Grails. For your own sakes I would get it done. Oh and avoid the factory where the JSC comiquette got produced. The paint jobs on those were far to hit and miss to risk it in this one.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #32
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I've been ssaying Reilly would be sick.

As for variants, yeah they should be displayed like hulk. None of that SDCC BS either
CallMeTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #33
Peedi
The Secret Six

I want the Buy Now button now no need to think about it

MINE MINE MINE MINE
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #34
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I collect DC and Spider-man, and this guy seems to fit in to one of those categories.

I don't think I've seen such a dynamic pose pulled off in 1/4 scale before. Really looking forward to seeing the proto of this.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #35
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Whatever they do, if they go for the variants, just preview them at the same time of the regular costume.
This is a case where multiple costumes as a variant is ok imho, more than any rainbow Hulk or whatelse. Hope they don't go full retard with a variant months after original PO, or even some kind of ultra limited 200ES black costume variant. This is not Storm or Diablo or Master Chief, people would be (rightfully) pissed to miss out on a different costume.

And by the way I say so having ZERO interest in Spider Man. Probably my least favourite character
The Hulk PF approach for variants would be okay for most people here. Announce all the variants up front.

I think it would go a long way for Sideshow to show appreciation to the Spiderman fans and 90's comics readers.

A Ben Reilly or a Scarlet Spiderman would require more tooling than different color Hulks with different heads. Variants are unlikely to happen, but damn it would score some good will for people that feel so-so about Sideshow and their handling of the Marvel comics license.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #36
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I want the Buy Now button now no need to think about it

MINE MINE MINE MINE
Amen, mate!
CallMeTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #37
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Will there be a variant of this down the line? And the production piece of this should look like the prototype unlike what happened with the recent 1/5. The pose looks good.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:34 AM   #38
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks freaking awesome. I'm going to be so broke. I'll have to get this instead of Jango.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #39
SammyG
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

If SS can do with this, what they did with the Man Of Steel suit, it could be simply incredible.
SammyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #40
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Will there be a variant of this down the line? And the production piece of this should look like the prototype unlike what happened with the recent 1/5. The pose looks good.
We don't know. But I hope they'd come up with a new concept for Black Costume Spider-Man instead of doing it as a variant. It'd be the second time the Black Costume was a variant. The Black Costume deserves its own, original PF.

But it'd be cool if they did a more obscure costume as a variant of this. Something more specific to a particular storyline or moment, like the Future Foundation or Big Time costumes, or turn this into Superior Spider-Man.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote