Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
scgt1
Frackin!

Just got in a Spider-man 3 Movie Venom and well.......

First time getting a Gentle Giant statue. I was fortunate enough to run into it on Amazon and new at that. It arrived today. Everything was great until I removed it from the box and pulled the clear plastic off. There were little white foam balls all over the base stuck from the packaging.

This isn't uncommon to have foam pieces stuck to a statue it happens. These little suckers weren't stuck normally by static though they were actually stuck. about 80% of the base (everything but behind the wall) is completely tacky and sticky. So much so it leaves fingerprints. The webbing at the legs is also completely tacky to the touch.

Pulling the foam balls loose leaves more foam behind. Removing that foam leaves the sticky finish marred.

Is this normal for a GG statue? Anyone else ever run into this problem with any of their statues? Maybe this was a problem with this specific statue. It's said only 1,000 were made.

This one being 507/1,000

Oh yea and is it also normal for them to over advertise the statues? This twelve inch statue features....um 8.5" is not 12". Wow The box is 12" tall the statue itself sure isn't.
scgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #2
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I never had this happen to me with a GG statue. This isn't normal, but I can see it happening at some point or another. Perhaps the plastic might have had a melt due to where it was exposed to heat?
Who knows..S__t does happen. I would advise to return it.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
scgt1
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I never had this happen to me with a GG statue. This isn't normal, but I can see it happening at some point or another. Perhaps the plastic might have had a melt due to where it was exposed to heat?
Who knows..S__t does happen. I would advise to return it.
Yea probably what has happened to it. I shot a message to GG (which apparently they are DST as that is how the response was signed)

"I apologize for the condition you received the Statue, with older items it’s difficult to determine how an item was stored all these years.

The issues you describe indicate that this item was not properly stored as the statue has become sticky. Polystone pieces should be displayed in environments that have an even consistent room temperature. Extreme temperature changes, UV from sunlight, and moisture can affect the integrity and surface quality of your statue or bust.

We would suggest contacting your seller immediately to determine if they can issue a replacemnt or perhaps a refund. "
scgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #4
jal4u2c
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I had the same thing happen way back with the Iron Man Bust. I contacted GG and after some back and forth with emails and photos, they sent me a replacement.
jal4u2c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:10 AM   #5
craigcliff1
Zot

I have owend dozens of GG statues, not found anything like that. I miss the days when GG made great maquettes and statues. 2007 range I use to buy 10 a year.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote