Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-30-2019, 12:25 PM   #11
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Well I have no idea where you live, but it most definitely will not be $500 to ship to the US.

And if it's $1,500, it's $1,500. I'd rather pay $1,500 for an incredible 1/3 of my favorite character than $1,500 for 2 1/4's of anything else.
Well I haven't seen any of them so I will hold off my judgment until then.

I do have the P1 TDKR and the other one on PO but now I'm ready for 1/4 TDKR love.

Edit: I will most likely get the P1 Armored... how can I not
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:32 PM   #12
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah I mean I'm hoping to see it this month with their Batman-related store theme, and I don't know. I've just got a feeling they're really going to go all out for this one. That's obviously total speculation and means nothing lol, but I really think a 1/3 DKR Armored Batman is going to look really REALLY impressive.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:36 PM   #13
AlexT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yeah I mean I'm hoping to see it this month with their Batman-related store theme, and I don't know. I've just got a feeling they're really going to go all out for this one. That's obviously total speculation and means nothing lol, but I really think a 1/3 DKR Armored Batman is going to look really REALLY impressive.
What I'm afraid of is that they will go the new Bane over the top route vs the other two that are more toned down (for a P1 of course).

What I would love is for SS to make 1/4 or even 1/5 line for TDKR
Old 08-30-2019, 05:33 PM   #14
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
I'm personally dying for 1/4 of TKDR (especially armored version).

What do you think will we ever see a PF?
That would be cool if they made the whole line of Batman, Superman, Joker, Carrie, and armored Batman. But SSC hogs up the 1/4 license and never makes any comic versions that people want. Why should they? Their statues fly off the shelves for some reason. Good thing there's P1 to make epic 1/3s that match the comics.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:48 AM   #15
BurningRage
Inhumans

This and Kingdom Come Superman I’m surprised they’ve never made yet.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:27 AM   #16
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
This and Kingdom Come Superman I’m surprised they’ve never made yet.

I believe they will make both in due time.

I actually see SSC eventually only making iterations of the big 10 or so characters from DC.

I don't think they have any interest in making pieces with ES of sub 1000 pieces that takes over a year to sell out.

These pieces are easily 4000 piece sellers and a sure bet in the future, IMO.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #17
Peedi
The Secret Six

Prime 1 does any and every version of Batman in 1/3 scale. I guess they sell well enough as a whole because they consistently tackle different versions of Batman. Batman versions seem to be most of what they sell.

I’m interested in knowing why sideshow doesn’t do the same thing for 1/4? Yes, they’ve made a lot of Batman already, particularly movie/TV versions, but making the comic specific versions like Prime 1 does at the depth they do is something sideshow is missing out on, there’s so many possibilities (OG, DKR regular and armored, Kingdom Come, Troica, a Blue that isn’t a repaint, Batman Who Laughs, Gotham by Gaslight, Zur-En-Arrh, Green/Yellow Lantern, Batman on Mobius Chair (look it up), Vampire, etc)

Same can be said for Spider-Man (FF, Big Time/Stealth, armored, Noir, Knight, Ham, Parker Industries Armor, monkey, etc), especially after the game last year made good use of his different costumes and Spider-Verse became a hit movie.

There’s no need for sideshow to make up their own costumes when there’s so many versions that were actually published that people would prefer.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:40 PM   #18
AlexT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Prime 1 does any and every version of Batman in 1/3 scale. I guess they sell well enough as a whole because they consistently tackle different versions of Batman. Batman versions seem to be most of what they sell.

I’m interested in knowing why sideshow doesn’t do the same thing for 1/4? Yes, they’ve made a lot of Batman already, particularly movie/TV versions, but making the comic specific versions like Prime 1 does at the depth they do is something sideshow is missing out on, there’s so many possibilities (OG, DKR regular and armored, Kingdom Come, Troica, a Blue that isn’t a repaint, Batman Who Laughs, Gotham by Gaslight, Zur-En-Arrh, Green/Yellow Lantern, Batman on Mobius Chair (look it up), Vampire, etc)

Same can be said for Spider-Man (FF, Big Time/Stealth, armored, Noir, Knight, Ham, Parker Industries Armor, monkey, etc), especially after the game last year made good use of his different costumes and Spider-Verse became a hit movie.

There’s no need for sideshow to make up their own costumes when there’s so many versions that were actually published that people would prefer.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:17 PM   #19
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

Maybe SSC is more corporate and doesn't have the comic book passion like other smaller companies.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #20
dechirico7
The Flash

I would have loved a 1/4 Hardy Bane.
I have invested in the 1/3 P1 version now.
I am glad that Secret Compass is a US distributor for them. Otherwise I would have had to pass. Their shipping seems reasonable. I would love to get the Hathaway Catwoman, but they are too expensive. Maybe in the future, when she is on the secondary market.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote