Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-29-2007, 07:31 AM   #1
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

LOTR Sideshow Weta Environments

I'm thinkin' of completing the line. The thing is I have the faintest idea about it. Can anyone here enlighten me?

As of now all I know is that the most expensive/rare ones are Orthanc ($1000 plus ?!!!) , Stone Trolls ($800 plus ??!!!) , and Minas Morgul..I could be wrong of course...then there's the Barad Dur by Danbury..which is impressive judging by the pics I've seen in ebay.

Pictures of the dio's would be a big help too.

I guess I tapped on my fascination for those scaled building replicas used by architects and real estate agents when they are selling condos and such. I always liked the details of those things.

Thanks in advanced. Sorry for bringing up an old topic.
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:34 AM   #2
Darth_Ryan

Actually the first questions I wanna ask are..

1. Are they all the same scale?

2. How many environments did sideshow/weta release..I've seen Moria, Amon Hen..etc..

3. How good is the quality? Detail wise..sculpt..paint

Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I have most of them - Moria, Amon Hen, Weathertop, Helms Deep, Golden Hall.

I've seen the Stone Trolls go recently for £220 ($440) on ebay (as recent as 2 weeks ago as i was going to buy it)

I've not seen a Minas Morgul go for a while nor an Orthanc (last time i saw them they went for $220 and $1100 respectively)

Other than that i think the only other one is Minas Tirith (the one you get with the DVD) and Buckleberry Ferry.... I can't think of any others.

I'll try and post some pics of the ones i have.

hope that helps
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
Daxion
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
I'll try and post some pics of the ones i have.

hope that helps
Please do! I've been thinking of rounding up a set of these but some pictures may help push me over the edge.
Daxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

At one point I had them all. They are not in scale to each other. Orthanc is the most expensive of all. It is very nice and quite detailed but on the small side and you should be prepared to pay around $1000. The Stone Trolls environment is also quite nice and I have seen it go for a lot more than $440 so if you can pick it up at that price it's a great deal. The Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul environments are also on the small side and these were included with the DVDs (you had to mail in and pay for Morgul with a coupon that came in one of the DVD sets). The other environments I can think of off the top of my head are the Mines of Moria (you should be able to pick this one up for a lot less than the $200 it retailed for), Buckleberry Ferry, Weathertop, Helms Deep and Amon Hen.
I also have the two Danbury Mint environments, Barad-Dur and Minas Tirith, and they are terrific. Highly detailed and with light up features.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
Comicboy
Deadman

Here's Minas Morgul. Personally I'd never pay the price it gets on Ebay. It just doesn't seem worth it. It's small and the paint apps are pretty bad. The Danbury pieces are exceptional.

Amon Hen, Buckleberry Ferry, Helms Deep, Minas Morgul, Minas Tirith, Mines of Moria, Orthanc, Stone Trolls, The Golden Hall, and Weathertop. They are all in the Archive if you want to see shots.

Tirith came with the DVD and Morgul was a send away for $70. If I remember right there are 8500 Minas Morguls but I'd say a majority never got sent away for.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
Darth_Ryan

Wow thanks for the info! So you dont think its ok to pay around $200 for the Minas Morgul? There's one in ebay right now and I am watching it. I'll let you guys know if I pull the trigger.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
Darth_Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
At one point I had them all. They are not in scale to each other. Orthanc is the most expensive of all. It is very nice and quite detailed but on the small side and you should be prepared to pay around $1000. The Stone Trolls environment is also quite nice and I have seen it go for a lot more than $440 so if you can pick it up at that price it's a great deal. The Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul environments are also on the small side and these were included with the DVDs (you had to mail in and pay for Morgul with a coupon that came in one of the DVD sets). The other environments I can think of off the top of my head are the Mines of Moria (you should be able to pick this one up for a lot less than the $200 it retailed for), Buckleberry Ferry, Weathertop, Helms Deep and Amon Hen.
I also have the two Danbury Mint environments, Barad-Dur and Minas Tirith, and they are terrific. Highly detailed and with light up features.
Can you post pics of the Danbury pieces? I havent seen a pic of the light up feature of the Barad Dur and Minas Tirith yet. Thanks Zurb!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #9
Comicboy
Deadman

This thread here has some good shots.

Minas Tirith

Here's a good size comparison shot.

Here's Zurbs old Barad-dur thread. Barad-dur It has some shots. The Eye is the light up feature on this piece. I think I have pics still of Ricks re-paint. I'll see if I can find those. It's sick!!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
Comicboy
Deadman

OK found em. This is a factory shot.

This is Rick's stunning repaint.