Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #1191
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Sorry to read about that Mule. I had the same issue on the same foot with my replacement base. The first base arrived broken. After two fails on the piece I sent the whole thing back for a refund and moved on. Good luck mate.
Yeah I just got my refund in full for this and while it was amazing piece there is just too many potential risks involved with caring for this piece and major risks if you ever sell and have to ship to another collector! So I have my refund and am using towards Hulk and Vampirella and while I was little upset in my decision at first since I waited almost two years to get this I have moved on and couldn't be happier in my decision as for my situation it was the right thing to do in the end as I wasn't 100% happy with ours .... Plus when I was packing it up I found tiny chips out of the actual statue so really happy I returned but this statue will go to another collector and I'm just hoping they fix my issues before sending it to another collector but knowing sideshows ethics and values this will happen ! So soon someone's wait list for the exclusive will convert...

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #1192
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah I just got my refund in full for this and while it was amazing piece there is just too many potential risks involved with caring for this piece and major risks if you ever sell and have to ship to another collector! So I have my refund and am using towards Hulk and Vampirella and while I was little upset in my decision at first since I waited almost two years to get this I have moved on and couldn't be happier in my decision as for my situation it was the right thing to do in the end as I wasn't 100% happy with ours .... Plus when I was packing it up I found tiny chips out of the actual statue so really happy I returned but this statue will go to another collector and I'm just hoping they fix my issues before sending it to another collector but knowing sideshows ethics and values this will happen ! So soon someone's wait list for the exclusive will convert...

Sarah Joe
I agree Sarah. The fact that Sideshow still engages in this practice is unforgivable imo.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #1193
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
As nitpicky as I sound in my posts, I can usually live with minor flaws, mostly because I don't want to drive crazy the shop owner (who's a friend of mine). If I had to glue back the skull or something like that, I would do it and call it a day. But I have no idea how to drill the hole or work the pegs, really, this cost me nearly 600$ once everything was said and done.
The shop owner is looking into it for a replacement, plus I've bought another one from another shop who's receiving stock next week. Just to be sure, worst case scenario I'll sell the extra one if I end up with two flawless pieces.
Check to make sure there isn't debris in the bottom of the peg hole which has caused the right foot to stay up higher than the left.

Hopefully if that isn't it, the second piece to receive is perfect.

It is true that sometimes it takes a while and gravity for a statue to "settle" into place. Happened with my QOTD where her one foot was slightly out of the peg hole. Gradually it went down and settled with gravity. Perhaps that's all this needs as well.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:44 AM   #1194
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Small update, the gap is still there, foot hasn't lowered since I assembled the statue. I'm getting a replacement piece, this statue is awesome nonetheless. I finally had time to fiddle a bit with it, managed to bring the leather belt near to cover the lower part of his belly like on the proto, it was a pain, but worth it.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #1195
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Small update, the gap is still there, foot hasn't lowered since I assembled the statue. I'm getting a replacement piece, this statue is awesome nonetheless. I finally had time to fiddle a bit with it, managed to bring the leather belt near to cover the lower part of his belly like on the proto, it was a pain, but worth it.
When did ssc offer u a replacement? I was told there weren't any.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #1196
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm in Europe and got it from a local retailer, the importer/distributor has its own allocation of replacements I guess.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:35 AM   #1197
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

OK, now I'm getting pissed.
This is the situation: first Conan PF came in with a few issues, the left foot didn't touch the base for about half a centimeter (quite noticeable), so I requested a replacement to the shop owner.
In the meanwhile, I immediatly bought ANOTHER Conan PF from another shop in case the first shop didn't have any replacements available. I received this other Conan a few days ago, and here the issues:

-skeleton is crushed. Neck is broken in multiple points, there are pieces of resin all around and the jaw is broken off
-Conan has a dirty spot on his belly, look like dry glue or something like that. I would just cover it with fabric, if:
-the dagger on his belt is bent like crazy, as is the mace in his hand, and the dagger is stitched to the rest of the outfit so I just can't replace that alone

Now, this other shop owner told me he has a Conan PF with everything fine EXCEPT a broken base. So now I'm sending him my bad pieces (body, skeleton, right hand) and he's sending me his sane pieces, hoping nothing breaks off on the road.
What pisses me off the most is this:

-the price of this (already expensive) PF increased of about 15% here due to the exchange rate between Eur and USD that happened 6 months ago, something avoidable if Sideshow just delivered this damned thing without a whole year of delay. That's about 100$ more than expected price I had to pay.

-shipping back Conan to this shop owner is going to cost me 27$, shipping the other Conan to the first shop owner will cost me the same, so I'm losing ANOTHER 54$ just to ship it back. The shop owners will have to lose about 20$ each to ship the replacements to me since that cost is on them.

-I have no guarantee that the replacement parts will arrive here safely, in the meanwhile I told the first shop owner to first inspect the piece before shipping it to me

-Last thing: this whole mess made me lose a TON of time. Checking, inspecting, trying, packing, unpacking, wrapping. I was already quite full with my s----y job taking most of my time and now I'm spending my first holiday day to sort out this crap.

Conclusion: I'm losing a good chunk of money on an already expensive statue plus I'm losing my time on it. It's not fair to ask the shop owners to bear such costs since retarded engineering/packaging is not their fault.
I'll email the whole thing to Sideshow Customer Service since they owe me money plus compensation for the waste of time. Whatever it is, give me money back, a substantial credit, reward points, a whistle, anything.
Sorry for the rant but this is beyond ridicolous, having to stitch together a sane statue out of a bunch of broken ones is just synonim of poor quality.

Pics of the new flawed Conan to follow:

Last edited by The Mule; 10-06-2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Our Lord told me to edit
Old 10-05-2015, 07:42 AM   #1198
GunShy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Damn buddy, I just bought a ex off eBay. Sounds like I got as much chance of it coming perfect as winning the lottery ��
GunShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:13 AM   #1199
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think that's the safest option, honestly.
Ask the seller to inspect it before shipping, very closely, plus he could add extra padding to the skeleton to prevent breakages. You're covered by Ebay/Paypal so if it arrives broken, you can ship it back for a full refund, he's the one ending with a useless broken statue if that happens, so it's entirely in his own interest to check the piece and add some protections.
Explain this to him, just to be sure.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:02 AM   #1200
Thor57
Teen Titans

Sorry to hear your troubles Mule. My god, after all this, you could essentially just pay to have a custom made by a great sculptor and painted by a pro. This is sad news for something I recall reading you being super excited about. Sorry for the bad luck my friend.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote