Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-09-2015, 09:49 PM   #1211
GunShy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Attachment 92715Well my Ex arrived today. Number 105 of 200. I was absolutely blown away by this guy! He came in perfect condition, although the mace handle is a little bent....but I think everyone's was like that. This has got to be one of the best Sideshow pieces of the year! I do agree that even attempting this piece was a ridiculously stupid choice by Sideshow as it has to be one of, if not, the most delicate and intricate statues I've ever owned. I only bought this to pair it with the new Red Sonya but it's too BIG to pair with anything as it has the same diameter as the Gladiator Hulk! If I ever did want to sell this in the future it would have to be a "pick up only" type deal as the odds of shipping it twice without damage would be next to impossible. Here are some pics and I'll have a review up tonight, I'll link that later.
GunShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:57 PM   #1212
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's stunning indeed. New Red Sonja is incredible, but this is her worthy male counterpart. Diorama bases just push them a step above most other designs imho
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:59 PM   #1213
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Congrats bro! He's one of my favourite pieces. I rag on sideshow when they ---- up, but they definitely didn't with this one. They knocked it out of the park.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:46 PM   #1214
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Congrats bro! He's one of my favourite pieces. I rag on sideshow when they ---- up, but they definitely didn't with this one. They knocked it out of the park.
Yes they did knock this out of the park IF you got a good one, and IF you unfortunately had issues and we're able to luckily get replacement parts then it is indeed a wonderful statue!

It had so much presence on our pax shelves it was sad to pack it up and ship it back to them honestly I actually shed one single tear when it went back to sideshow!! it was actually one of my favorite 1/4 scale statutes in the last year too... Oh well if I like the next Conan sculpt it will be mine....

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:03 PM   #1215
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I think the new Sonja compliments this piece much more than the first. She's gonna look awesome just off to the left of him.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #1216
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I think the new Sonja compliments this piece much more than the first. She's gonna look awesome just off to the left of him.
I agree with that 110%!!! . I think they will both look great together but there is no doubt that the snake and Sonja with Conan will look amazing like he just helped her out with the snake... Will make for great display no doubt about it... I just hope they make a new Conan to go with new Sonja.... I'm going to keep wishing In one hand and deficate in the other and I'll see which one fills up quicker... Hahaha

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #1217
GunShy

I bought him to pair with the new Sonya, but he's so damn big and wide there's no way they would fit into a Besta together! Need to find an alternate display option....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	92731  
Old 10-10-2015, 12:33 AM   #1218
GunShy

For scale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	790.5 KB
ID:	92732  
Old 10-10-2015, 07:33 AM   #1219
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Magnificent piece indeed.I got lucky aswell... it came in undamaged.Same here,the mace is a little bent but other than that it's a masterpiece.Have seen a lot of PF's from Sideshow and I have to say that the paintjob is simply outstanding in comparison.Bravo Sideshow!
Imho one thing that they could improve on their PF's are the plastic weapons...should be metal like the scimitar on the Uruk-Hai Berserker PF.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #1220
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Congrats to everyone that received a problem free piece. It's a great looking piece for sure. Too bad some of us weren't as lucky and were forced to return ours. Oh well, it's always a gamble with Sideshow.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote