Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
UsagiYojimbo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

A few questions on Marvel & DC Bishoujos

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and this is my 1st thread.
I've just started collecting Marvel & DC Bishoujos and was hoping you more knowledgeable collectors could answer a few question.

How many new statues are released a year ( is there a limit & how many for 2012)?

Whats the history on the super-heroine bishoujos ( what was the 1st? Is there more than one person doing sculpting? what is the rarest bishoujo?)

How do they decide whats to be next in the line?

Do they take polls or suggestions from fans? ( Mine would be Huntress, She-Hulk (green), Jade (Jenny-Lynn Hayden), Kitty Pryde (with Lockheed), Miss Martian (M'gann M'orzz, alias Megan Morse), Power Girl, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Harley Quinn (original costume) & Squirrel Girl (yep I'm serious and she's a fan fave in the comics

And any other information would be appreciated, THANKS!
UsagiYojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
iceprince_x
Deadman

Though I have not collected any of these, I am an avid looker and observer.

The first Marvel Bishoujos is the Black Widow, followed by Rogue then the variant of these two. A short hair Black Widow and a long coat Rogue.

The rarest Marvel Bishoujo is the White Phoenix version.

The first DC is Wonder Woman.
iceprince_x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
six8ten
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Actually, Batgirl and Catwoman were released before the Wonder Woman Bishoujo.
six8ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
iceprince_x
Deadman

Oh yeah!

Thanks for the correction six8teen.
iceprince_x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #5
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiYojimbo View Post
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and this is my 1st thread.
I've just started collecting Marvel & DC Bishoujos and was hoping you more knowledgeable collectors could answer a few question.

How many new statues are released a year ( is there a limit & how many for 2012)?

The bishoujo series seem to be growing. Marvel was the original line, then DC, now we are seeing gaming lines and a movie line. I don't think there is really any set frequency to the releases. Some months there isn't a release, some months have one. January has at least three bishoujos coming out (x-23, Poison Ivy and Mystique).

Whats the history on the super-heroine bishoujos ( what was the 1st? Is there more than one person doing sculpting? what is the rarest bishoujo?)

Has Koto posted any information on who the sculptors are?

How do they decide whats to be next in the line?
I am sure this is determined by current popularity. Kotobukiya has a few associates that also visit this forum and I am sure they take note on which characters we beg for.

Do they take polls or suggestions from fans? ( Mine would be Huntress, She-Hulk (green), Jade (Jenny-Lynn Hayden), Kitty Pryde (with Lockheed), Miss Martian (M'gann M'orzz, alias Megan Morse), Power Girl, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) & Squirrel Girl (yep I'm serious and she's a fan fave in the comics

The best thing to do here is to keep posting your interest in these characters or to possibly contact Kotobukiya.

And any other information would be appreciated, THANKS!

Personally, I wouldn't even bother with the White Phoenix and Blonde Black Widow. They go for such outrageous prices on ebay. I also think the originals of these two are better.

I would recommend picking up Psylocke right away. She seems to be ultra popular and sells out fast.

If you want a bishoujo that will blow you away, get the Binary Ms. Marvel, she is a great piece.
(See bold items)
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
dechirico7
The Flash

Also get Evil Supergirl while you can. I think the two Supergirls make an awesome display.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote