Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-04-2016, 06:35 PM   #151
SONICobra
Batman

after seeing the movie I think this looks pretty spot on, would have been cool with a "spear" option
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #152
Parallax
Nightwing

Minor Batman v Superman spoilers below.

Comic fans are the grumpiest and most opinionated group of people on the planet. They want Batman to be the one version of Batman they see in their head, and when it's not they hate it. Christian Bale is nothing like comic Batman, yet he's the one everyone loves. Heath Ledger is nothing like comic Joker, yet he's the one everyone loves. You take Ben Affleck, who already bares a striking resemblance to Bruce Wayne, and have him play one of the most iconic and fan favorite versions of Batman we've had. In The Dark Knight Returns, Batman shoots a villain with a machine gun. In the face. It's one of those "Holy crap" moments that nobody sees coming, but has become an iconic moment in Batman history. They directly adapt that scene in Batman v Superman, but Zack Snyder refused to make Batman go that far and shoot him in the head. Even in the comics, after Robin dies Batman tries to kill the Joker. He loses his mind. I feel like they go out of their way in BvS to refer to Batman as anything but "Batman" because he really isn't Batman as we know. He's referred to as a demon, the Bat of Gotham (or Gotham Bat), the bat vigilante. He's called "The Batman" once in the entire movie. The fight with Superman and the realization that there's still good in the world and there's still reasons to be a hero. This version of Batman is gone, and next time we see Batman he'll be the Batman we know and love. Although I did love this Batman.

Movie talk aside, it's not easy for me to resist pre ordering this. I'd rather have Batman in the regular suit, and I don't know if I'll have the money for both. $520 is a lot, and I'd assume regular suit Batman would still be in the $400's.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #153
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Actually, the cape looks like this.

The first picture I grabbed was photoshopped with a darker cape.
Ah, ok.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:29 PM   #154
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Minor Batman v Superman spoilers below.

Comic fans are the grumpiest and most opinionated group of people on the planet. They want Batman to be the one version of Batman they see in their head, and when it's not they hate it. Christian Bale is nothing like comic Batman, yet he's the one everyone loves. Heath Ledger is nothing like comic Joker, yet he's the one everyone loves. You take Ben Affleck, who already bares a striking resemblance to Bruce Wayne, and have him play one of the most iconic and fan favorite versions of Batman we've had. In The Dark Knight Returns, Batman shoots a villain with a machine gun. In the face. It's one of those "Holy crap" moments that nobody sees coming, but has become an iconic moment in Batman history. They directly adapt that scene in Batman v Superman, but Zack Snyder refused to make Batman go that far and shoot him in the head. Even in the comics, after Robin dies Batman tries to kill the Joker. He loses his mind. I feel like they go out of their way in BvS to refer to Batman as anything but "Batman" because he really isn't Batman as we know. He's referred to as a demon, the Bat of Gotham (or Gotham Bat), the bat vigilante. He's called "The Batman" once in the entire movie. The fight with Superman and the realization that there's still good in the world and there's still reasons to be a hero. This version of Batman is gone, and next time we see Batman he'll be the Batman we know and love. Although I did love this Batman.

Movie talk aside, it's not easy for me to resist pre ordering this. I'd rather have Batman in the regular suit, and I don't know if I'll have the money for both. $520 is a lot, and I'd assume regular suit Batman would still be in the $400's.
Lol! You just proved your own point right there. All of that in bold just proves you're just as opinionated as everyone else. Those are your opinion.

Opinions are just point of views. It doesn't make them right ...or wrong. Just what someone believes. Fans have different opinions about the movie. It just so happens a lot of fans have similar opinions for whatever reasons.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:18 PM   #155
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Lol! You just proved your own point right there. All of that in bold just proves you're just as opinionated as everyone else. Those are your opinion.

Opinions are just point of views. It doesn't make them right ...or wrong. Just what someone believes. Fans have different opinions about the move. It just so happens a lot of fans have similar opinions for whatever reasons.
Comic fans are the grumpiest and most opinionated group of people on the planet .... now that's hilarious

Personally I think that you can't truly enjoy this Hobby or the world of Superheroes, or SCI-FI if you don't have a open mind.
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:41 PM   #156
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

I'm going to assume someone somewhere has posted this:

This movie felt like someone read a synopsis of The Dark Knight Returns, thumbed through a couple pages for armor inspiration, and banged a couple action figures together.

None of the characters were true to their source material counterparts. Terrible.

Not that it would have changed anything. It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The Rotten Tomato's score it earned is generous.

I'm not going to fault someone for getting this statue though. The adaptation of the armored Batman look is awesome. If it wasn't about $200 too expensive I'd consider it.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:14 AM   #157
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:

Opinions are just point of views. It doesn't make them right ...or wrong. Just what someone believes. Fans have different opinions about the movie. It just so happens a lot of fans have similar opinions for whatever reasons.
That wasn't my opinion, it's just facts about the movie. Dark Knight Returns Batman isn't the Batman that everyone else is used to. The movie adapted Dark Knight Returns.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:33 AM   #158
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I quite liked the version of Batman shown in Batman vs Superman. It was a fresh and different take on the character that I enjoyed seeing on screen and it is still comic accurate. How many films do we need that show the typical Batman we all know? It's been done so much over the years.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:55 AM   #159
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I quite liked the version of Batman shown in Batman vs Superman. It was a fresh and different take on the character that I enjoyed seeing on screen and it is still comic accurate. How many films do we need that show the typical Batman we all know? It's been done so much over the years.
batman was easily the best part of the movie, which I very much enjoyed
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:57 AM   #160
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

(delete)
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote