Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-22-2023, 12:04 PM   #11
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

ah i see.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
No, it's the lighter one with the gray pants.

Thank you so much for clarifying that for me.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 10:49 PM   #12
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
Well that Hulk is 23" with his hands in the air. XM Hulk transformation 27" with a similar pose.

If Hulk is 8ft, a 1/5 scale is 19.2" tall. A 1/4 scale is 24" tall. 4" is a pretty substantial difference imo. Especially when you need the largest Avenger to be the largest - not the same size. It works for Wasp because she can be tinier.

There's also the SS Hulk comiquette which is also 1/5 scale. It's the original one. That one seems a bit larger than their Avengers Assemble. But still - I don't mix scales.
Height is not the only factor you have to consider, Onewiththeforce. The size of the body parts. Obviously, the 1/5 sizes of the head, body, arms, and legs will be less thick, smaller, than the 1/4 counter parts. So this will be notable for the Hulk, who is supposed to be bigger, more mass than the other super heroes. Having a 1/5 Hulk next to a 1/4 Captain America, will make green boy look puny. His arms will probably be the same size as Cap's
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 02:17 AM   #13
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Hear ya loud and clear?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Height is not the only factor you have to consider, Onewiththeforce. The size of the body parts. Obviously, the 1/5 sizes of the head, body, arms, and legs will be less thick, smaller, than the 1/4 counter parts. So this will be notable for the Hulk, who is supposed to be bigger, more mass than the other super heroes. Having a 1/5 Hulk next to a 1/4 Captain America, will make green boy look puny. His arms will probably be the same size as Cap's
I totally get it. I thought that if I were to get the 1/5 Hulk that I could display him in the back of the team on risers but I suppose proportion differences will truly make a difference. If anyone on this thread has this 1/5 Hulk and you have any 1/4 scale Avengers, can you please post a couple of pics of them side by side.?

Thank you so very much in advance all.
Old 02-28-2023, 05:04 PM   #14
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
No, it's the lighter one with the gray pants.

I have this Hulk as well. Picked it up a few months ago for cheap like $400. Perfect Hulk for an MCU collection.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 05:24 PM   #15
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

detolf..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I have this Hulk as well. Picked it up a few months ago for cheap like $400. Perfect Hulk for an MCU collection.
will he fit into a Detolf? Of course, I have my 1/4 scales that fit currently but have removed the center shelves, so I essentially have two 1/4 PFs per case.

Will this Hulk fit.?
Old 02-28-2023, 05:26 PM   #16
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
That's a great price. He's been going for $500-$600 plus shipping on eBay.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 07:25 AM   #17
Divo

HULK??????
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 07:31 AM   #18
Divo

Quote:
I like the Sideshow Comiquette (the Ruffalo piece from the first Avengers movie). One of the first 1/4 scale pieces that I purchased. Still have it, and will only part with it in the near future because I have the LBS Hulk on order.

And this is the way it's done. Following the natural order of things. Being able to objectively/honestly address our collections, & having the courage to make changes,....................without b!tching about it.

Good luck, because you are getting one hell of a HULK!!!!!
Old 03-01-2023, 07:43 AM   #19
Divo

"Onewiththeforce", you're not alone, & i feel your pain, as the never ending search for our ideal HULKs can simply drive a man insane. Always hoping our long journey and agonizing wait will not end in vain. Good luck.

BUT seriously! Sideshow better pump-out one more fcking HULK before it all comes to a miserable stop, or else i'm fcked. Grassetti, Bel, Canale, Harbottle, whoever. Jesus Sideshow, just pick one, but get it done!
Old 03-01-2023, 10:29 AM   #20
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
"Onewiththeforce", you're not alone, & i feel your pain, as the never ending search for our ideal HULKs can simply drive a man insane. Always hoping our long journey and agonizing wait will not end in vain. Good luck.

BUT seriously! Sideshow better pump-out one more fcking HULK before it all comes to a miserable stop, or else i'm fcked. Grassetti, Bel, Canale, Harbottle, whoever. Jesus Sideshow, just pick one, but get it done!
Thank you all so much for your great feedback and insight to this. Yes, it continues to be a project to find the right Hulk for me and my collection. Again, I have to be mindful of space, cost, budget and then of course, likeability and display-ability. LOL.

Although I do like the Ruffalo Hulks, I do not "love" them if that makes any sense. While at the same time, I am leaning more towards a comic version of a green Hulk as opposed to a movie version. Again, that 1/5th version has a great "Hulk Smash" or getting ready to Hulk Smash pose and looks great as a comic version but yea, can't have him looking small next my line up. And yea, I just got my XM Hawkeye which looks AMAZING!!! And I choose to display him up high on the base.

My current line up that I have is:

SS Captain America-Ultron arm base-Head in hand
SS Mark 43 repainted Iron Man-light up
XM Hawkeye (Just got him unboxed Sunday)
SS White faux leather suited Black Widow PF
SS 1/5th Avengers Assemble Wasp
SS faux-hawk floating version Captain Marvel PF
SS Scarlet Witch

So I would like to get a Thor and a Hulk.

I believe the choices of a Thor are much simpler but the Hulk......ugh....... I do hope to get "the right one"...... I do wish that the 1/5th version was larger.

Who knows, ......maybe SS will do what Prime one is doing....and rather than make 1/4 scale versions from their 1/3 line or like Tweeterhead where they offer both 1/4 and 1/6 of the same pieces..........................SS will then make a 1/4 scale set up for their Avengers Assemble line.

I wonder if they were to do that how many Hulks they would sell for that particular version as 1/4th.?

Hmmm.

One can wish. LOL