Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #11
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinzs View Post
I want to know if it can play ps2 games correctly yet
Same here i have spoken to some people that say you can and others that say you can't think it depends on the game
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #12
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
I think the PS3 is just not worth it

I think I'll just pick up a XBox 360 Elite

Good idea considering that the Xbox 360 is due anyday now to announce another price cut.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #13
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

I'm happy with my xbox.....but still want a ps3 here pretty soon...
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #14
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
Same here i have spoken to some people that say you can and others that say you can't think it depends on the game
From what I've read the new 80 GB version of the PS3 takes a step backwards in the PS2 compatibility department.

Microsoft and Nintendo can easily cut their prices and still stay much more appealing than the PS3. To me the price cut is more marketing hype than anything, they haven't really cut the price since they're at the same pricing structure. In 7 months Sony's already deleted one SKU of the PS3, introduced a new one, and lowered the price on the only constant.
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #15
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I have been debating whether to get one when i go to the US in september, but after seeing what is coming out, I'm not bothering with a PS3 for a looooong time. All the games that i'd want that have been exclusive PS titles (MGS, GTA, Assassins Creed, Resident Evil, even Ace Combat) are all coming for the 360 anyway!

Sony seriously needs to do something if they want to stay in the lead in the console market. They need to get exclusives and make games that people want to make me wanna part with 400 quid.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #16
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
I have been debating whether to get one when i go to the US in september, but after seeing what is coming out, I'm not bothering with a PS3 for a looooong time. All the games that i'd want that have been exclusive PS titles (MGS, GTA, Assassins Creed, Resident Evil, even Ace Combat) are all coming for the 360 anyway!

Sony seriously needs to do something if they want to stay in the lead in the console market. They need to get exclusives and make games that people want to make me wanna part with 400 quid.
I think the days of the exclusive are coming to an end soon. There's always going to be some, but not like they use to be. It's better for the publisher these days to release them on as many systems as they can and they're starting to learn that.

To me, that spells trouble for Sony. They have (on paper at least) the most powerful system, but third party, multi platform games have been inferior on the PS3. Games built from the ground up to take advantage of the PS3's abilities are what Sony needs and I don't think we're going to see alot of 3rd party companies willing to do that. The #s don't lie. Sony's a distant third right now in the next gen war and developers go where the money is.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #17
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Spatial is right.

They're not including the Emotion Engine with the new model PS3. The Emotion Engine is the processor from the PS2 used to play PS2 games in a PS3.

Instead they're using software emulation. Unless Sony decides to really get on the ball about backwards compatibilty, this can spell disaster. This will mean you'll have to download an update for any older game you want to play, provided Sony has come up with the software patch for it. Just like the 360, but I think Sony will probably care less about it's older titles.

Since the PS2 has so many more games in it's library than the X-Box, this leaves me wondering if they'll actually commit to this and not just patch the 50 most popular games or so.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #18
Model Giants
Sculptor
Sculptor

I had a ps3 took it back and I won't own another one, even if they gave it to me...Overrated!!!!!!
Model Giants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #19
They're Statues!
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

E3 reports I've read on Home, Killzone 2 and MGS4, which will be released first on the PS3 with no announcement on when it will hit the 360, make me belive Sony is finally rolling in the right direction. Remember the 360 has been in the market a full year longer than the PS3. The real battle for gamers hearts, minds and money is in the long term. Some of the best games for the PS2 and the xbox came at the end of the life cycle. I can't even remember any of the games from the first year. With inovations like the Wii and the iPhone it's a good time to be a gamer. Lots of choices.
They're Statues! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #20
xreynoldsxcorex
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

MGS4 is a ps3 exclusive and unfortunately that will get me to purchase one just to play. And besides that new E3 trailer makes it look like it will be damn worth the money, but I for sure will never come close to using 80gigs, ever.
xreynoldsxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote