Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 10-21-2009, 12:48 AM   #101
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

WHEN"s BattleCat cmoin out Already??
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #102
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
yeah i read that facebook stuff. dumb arses. its a toy be patient and you will get it. it isnt a $200 statue that you may have to ship back for a new one.

does anyone get the subscription to this line. i read there are exclusives but cant find anything about them
They offered the subscription a couple of months back. The exclusives are Wun-dar, and some map of Eternia or something. They have teased the possibility of a few more things, but I doubt we see anything as subscribers other then what they have announced already.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #103
J Storm
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman View Post
WHEN"s BattleCat cmoin out Already??
Word!

I wanna see Prince Adam & Orko.
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #104
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

My Teela's arrive today.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #105
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

saw a pic of the new battle cat but nothing on when he comes out

need panthor to go with him
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #106
Babytoxie
Ghost

Wow, these look great! I thought nothing could beat the original 4 Horsemen line, but I stand corrected.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #107
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I got mine and I love them. I do have a question though. Teela was always my favorite character. I know she is the daughter of the Sorceress. But why does the toys come with the snake headress and why is she called warrior goddess. The cartoon never had her have any powers or where this?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:28 AM   #108
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Apparently ( this is what my friend told me ) There is a future story where He-Man dissappears offworld.. and the World is over-run by Snakemen. Teela Marries King Hiss.. ( yeah.. i couldn't beleive it either ) So thats where the snake thing cms from.. n thats what all teh prophecy business is... Mebbe i would search He-man.org.. bt m too lazy..
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:04 AM   #109
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

What your friend told you is based on nothing more than fan fiction, written and drawn by one of the guys who used to do art for some of the MYP comics and merchandising, and who helps run he-man.org, it is in no way official or a part of any real form of continuity. Unless you, as a fan, want it to be I guess. It's available to read online if you're interested, though I'd have to look for the link...

Then again Masters of the Universe has had so many different continuities over the years now, via the original 4 vintage minicomics, the very different vintage minicomics that followed, original cardbacks, dc comics, marvel/star comics, filmation cartoons, live action movie, 2002 cartoon, new adventures cartoon, and now classics cardback bios, that frankly there is no one true definitive continuity anyway, so most people tend to mix and match based on their own tastes.

I guess Classics is trying to address that with their bios and unfolding storylines, drawing elements from various continuities into this new Classics continuity, but whether fans will ever take that as the final word on MOTU continuity at this point seems rather doubtful to be honest.

Anyway the reason that Teela has the snake armor and title Warrior Goddess is because in the original vintage figure line Teela was originally supposed to also be, perhaps even without her full knowledge, the warrior goddess, according to the original Teela concept. This was way before filmmation, back when He-Man was basically a Conan clone who left his tribe in search of adventure. In fact things were pretty much in a constant state of flux in that first year (and one could argue, even after... ), as the snake armored (warrior) Goddess was shown with green skin in her minicomic appearance, when she gifted the armor and weapons to He-Man. Then again these early comics were rife with colouring mistakes, many of which fans argue the legitamacy of to this day. As things soon changed from the original concepts and ideas of the original 4 minicomics, Teela morphed into the character fans are more familiar with today, while the Goddess character morphed into a seperate character altogether, instead becoming The Sorceress, and the snake armor was rarely referred to or used from that time on. However as the vintage figure came with the snake armor and staff, it only made sense for mattel to include that stuff when releasing the classics version of Teela.

What can I say, I was a MOTU kid growing up...
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #110
HITReza
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

nice nice nice nice!!!

love the figures
HITReza is offline   Reply With Quote