Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-23-2021, 11:48 AM   #781
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have to side with Asgard on this point.

The body did have some minor scratches on her neck just from taking the puddin choker on and off. The scratches are invisible once she is assembled but we can see she was assembled multiple times.

Also my statue room is always kept clean and i clean all my pieces regularly. I also have a UV blocking film installed on the window of that room which is also temperature controlled and I dont smoke.

The first thing I did when I realized she was a return was smell her hoping she didn't have anyone's personal home smell on her like perfume, cigarettes or even food. It could have been exposed to the sun while displayed or in a super hot/humid room.

My piece is sold out and goes twice the price on the after market so I decided to bite the bullet.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:21 PM   #782
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Right

Ok, the car was damaged by the manufacturer. The sheet metal damage was troweled and repainted
This actually happens all of the time, cars are often damaged during assembly, and also during final shakedown or delivery. The manufacturer simply replaces or refinished the damaged part and it is sold on the forecourt......for brand new prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammilletti View Post

The body did have some minor scratches on her neck just from taking the puddin choker on and off. The scratches are invisible once she is assembled but we can see she was assembled multiple times.

The first thing I did when I realized she was a return was smell her hoping she didn't have anyone's personal home smell on her like perfume, cigarettes or even food. It could have been exposed to the sun while displayed or in a super hot/humid room.
Normally a "returned" statue would not have been in a collector's home long enough to be significantly impacted by the owners environment, and certainly not long enough to be affected or discoloured by UV lighting.

A return is normally due to a manufacturing defect that can not be ignored by the customer (googly eyes) OR the collector decides they do not like the statue and want to exercise their consumer rights for a refund - but both reasons are time dependant - and I'm talking DAYS not months or years.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:04 PM   #783
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The seller, either Prime 1 direct or retailer, should be transparent about new and used. Straight from the manufacturer (including through distribution), is new. An item that was a return by receiver that was opened is used (manufacturers can assign a restock fee in these cases and then resell as used). An item that was returned and fixed is refurbished. Trying to explain how something that was used can be classified as new is dishonest. Holding a company accountable will mean better products for the consumer. Making excuses for them is why this practice will happen more and more.

I have a ton of new things at my house I am ready to sell. Whose buying?!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:36 PM   #784
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
I bought an accident-free car from a dealer that was two years old. A few months later, during an inspection by my workshop, a well-repaired damage to the body was found. The workshop employee said that because of that I paid a good 2000 euros too much. It's just damage.

If I buy a new statue and put the money for a new statue on the table, then I want a new statue.
And you should certainly be entitled to one. I guess we then ask what constitutes 'new'.
In the collectables world, as Indomitus suggested, once it's left the factory and the seal is broken, many collectors would argue it loses its 'new' status, regardless of condition. I can appreciate that perspective but I also tend to agree with Silas' logical view that nothing has physically changed or worn on a statue that's only been opened for inspection. The notion that the cutting of packaging tape seems to trigger a loss in value - that's kind of weird to me.

Quote:
Ok, the car was damaged by the manufacturer. The sheet metal damage was troweled and repainted
I like this game.

I'm assuming a factory repair before distribution. If the vehicle hasn't been compromised as a result of the repair, is of acceptable quality, remains fit for purpose and is still subject to the usual warranties, then I would suggest it qualifies as a new product.

It made me think of the production line photos we see sometimes where statues have been tagged to identify defects as part of the QC process. I don't know what actually happens but if they're re-sanded, re-painted and put back in with the ones that pass, is there a difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammilletti View Post

Also my statue room is always kept clean and i clean all my pieces regularly. I also have a UV blocking film installed on the window of that room which is also temperature controlled and I dont smoke.

My piece is sold out and goes twice the price on the after market so I decided to bite the bullet.
That's fair enough if there's also visual defects - there's definitely argument for compensation/exchange in that instance.

It's interesting comparing your experience here with Asgard's car example:
You both happily paid a price for a product you saw or believed you would receive.
You each discover a defect in your item when you're within your rights to expect the product to be defect-free.
Despite the issue potentially affecting the product's future value, you appreciate that the use of the item is not impacted by the defect (making assumptions about the car here).
I get the feeling that if Asgard was aware of the issue at the time of purchase, the original price wouldn't have been as acceptable, whereas it may not have phased the next person.
In your case, you had the option and, although being particular about your statues, chose to accept the condition without recompense (for various reasons). There are no doubt plenty of collectors on here that would've pushed back.

As another sample scenario, I was chasing a sold-out statue and contacted my usual retailer on the off chance they may have an ex-display piece that they'd be willing to sell. I was in luck and they did provide a discount because it was 'used'. However, if they had have replied saying they had an ex-display piece in perfect condition but the price remains at RRP, I would've still gone through with the purchase.

It basically comes down to a question of perceived value, which will always be subjective. There's really no right or wrong answer to these kinds of discussions. That's why I think disclosure is the only fix. It avoids any risk of misrepresentation and allows all parties to make informed decisions. If you're aware of the condition upfront, you decide whether you want to pay the stickered price, walk away or choose to negotiate.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:57 AM   #785
French Cancan
Deadman

If I only can keep ONE statue of my collection, it will be this one. She's perfect.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:31 PM   #786
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Late to the party but?WOW!

Just picked up this beauty this am and?wow?I thought she looked great on Nearmint?s review but in person, the detail level is as insane as her alternate portrait! Glad I got her before she eventually sells out. Anyone interested should check out Prime1?s next sale (they usually have a golden week sale around early May; I got her for $462 USD after using my $95 of points that were expiring anyways; economy shipping was $48 and took about 3 months to arrive). I like her better than the 1/3 Bats from the same line as her proportions are much better?Bruce?s head is too small. So many display options?I?ll switch out so often this will be like a toy more than a statue for me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14435D45-5F73-4BE5-944D-9214CE0E67E7.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	148370  
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:54 PM   #787
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
Just picked up this beauty this am and?wow ...
Congratulations on Harley Quinn
She is one of my favourite statues
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:20 PM   #788
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Congratulations on Harley Quinn
She is one of my favourite statues
I think she?s the highlight of my collection! Now if only I could find a Chun Li, Psylocke or Belle done to that level!!!
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:56 AM   #789
nearmint
Phoenix

On sale for $465. A great price for a beautiful 1/3 scale Harley. She's low stock.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 05:02 PM   #790
nearmint
Phoenix

She's back in the Sanctuary. Economy shipping took 6 weeks.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote