Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #181
Marcel54
Hellboy

Come on Warlock, stop pestering other collectors by trying Level52 to make unsellable t&a statues They are on the right path with what they are doing.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:26 PM   #182
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
Come on Warlock, stop pestering other collectors by trying Level52 to make unsellable t&a statues They are on the right path with what they are doing.
We shall see... maybe not with Cat Girl vs Dangerous Universe because I think the main buyers of those will be Frazetta fans. The T&A fans might not have a ton of interest in Cat Girl, just for the T&A, because she's not the in vogue body type right now...

But wait till they release a Valkyrie to go with their Odin line... when she sells ten times more than Odin himself we will see what future releases bring.

Ehren himself said in the past that the ARH T&A statues sold much better than their other statues. And who's doing a lot of Level52 sculpts? Hmmm... get your magnets ready Mr Marcel!!!! T&A is coming in all its gratuitous beauty very soon to a statue near you!!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #183
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I don't have anything against nudity in these pieces. In fact, I welcome it as long as it is present in the Frazetta art that a given piece is representing in sculpture form. The cat girl piece is a perfect example. Putting clothes on the sculpted girl fundamentily changes the entire piece and it would no longer represent Frazetta's art. It's all about accurately representing the art for me in these pieces. Politically correct and prudish collectors need not apply.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:03 PM   #184
Marcel54
Hellboy

I am neither politically correct or a prude, I am from Holland the land of free sex and drugs and I had my fair share in my youth ..... I just prefer an other type of statue.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #185
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I am neither politically correct or a prude, I am from Holland the land of free sex and drugs and I had my fair share in my youth ..... I just prefer an other type of statue.
I can respect your opinion. My comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular but I strongly feel if it is in the art work than it really should be in the sculpture otherwise it significantly changes the piece and it no longer is a representation of the art work.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #186
Marcel54
Hellboy

I agree with you.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #187
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
You like historical and myth pieces... if they are showing skin, cool... if not... cool. Just make sure they are sculpted and painted well. I hear you, I just don't feel you. We were on opposite sides of the ARH fence were they made more of my type of statues than yours... on the Level52 fence, who can say... so far looks like the pendulum is on your side. I hope it swings back!!! But that's just me being self serving!!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:27 PM   #188
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So just to be clear, we will never do any statues that are gratuitous for the sake of gratuity. We understand the balance of nudity in fine art. And unless the character it self calls for it, we will never over-sexualize a statue just to make money. We are trying to craft high quality pieces of art, whether that's in our own original ips, or in any of the licenses we have or will have in the future. Catgirl is nude because the painting is nude. We will also be providing a fur bikini for those of you who are not comfortable displaying her nude.
I hope what I said makes sense, we love what we do and we see beauty in the human form, that is why we are so excited about our Frazetta license, but we want to do Frazetta right. Great paint applications, attention to detail, and beautiful sculpts, hence why we started with Ehren. We will never show a nipple just to show a nipple, that behavior doesn't sit well with us and to be honest we feel it cheapens the product a bit. Thanks for understanding guys.
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 PM   #189
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
So just to be clear, we will never do any statues that are gratuitous for the sake of gratuity. We understand the balance of nudity in fine art. And unless the character it self calls for it, we will never over-sexualize a statue just to make money. We are trying to craft high quality pieces of art, whether that's in our own original ips, or in any of the licenses we have or will have in the future. Catgirl is nude because the painting is nude. We will also be providing a fur bikini for those of you who are not comfortable displaying her nude.
I hope what I said makes sense, we love what we do and we see beauty in the human form, that is why we are so excited about our Frazetta license, but we want to do Frazetta right. Great paint applications, attention to detail, and beautiful sculpts, hence why we started with Ehren. We will never show a nipple just to show a nipple, that behavior doesn't sit well with us and to be honest we feel it cheapens the product a bit. Thanks for understanding guys.
Right on! Thank you for the great feedback!
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #190
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
I think you are striking the right balance by providing an option that includes nudity if Frazetta's art calls for it and another option that is covered for those collectors who aren't purists but still want to collect pieces representing his art including those works that do include nudity. Bravo!