Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 12-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #11
FROBAY
Phoenix

Thanks for the review. Lucky is my favorite of the HT line.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:11 PM   #12
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Nice to see Gentle Giant at its best. Hot looking piece!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #13
Y3E
Gen 13

Thanks for the review and pics. I am hoping my LCS gets this. I think it will compliment the Sucker Punch group.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:14 AM   #14
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
That sucks. I'm looking for something small yet good and Reliable.
Get a Lazy Susan, Jason, you find them anywhere, Walmart, Target etc. Kitchen Stuff and G-sales & sometimes Goodwill, Salvation Army, they come in different varieties, metal, wood, plastic, prefer wood and metal, I use one on my New Stuff for pic's
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #15
Y3E
Gen 13

The local Dollar store had 8" lazy susan glass ones, $3 each.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #16
ukshaun
Hercules

Honey Trap Lucky ¼ Gentle Giant

The photo’s are some quick out of the box shots.

Lucky is the third Honey Trap statue in my collection, Derby and Kat-Ya being the other two. I picked up Lucky direct from Gentle Giant during the Black Friday weekend.

First impressions - The box feels light, and the size of the box is the smallest of all my ¼ scale statues. I guess is this due to two reasons - the kneeling pose of Lucky, and fact there is no base, other than the usual Gentle Giant circular clear plastic base.

As well as being quite light, Lucky feels small. Her head looks ¼, her body seems small. Maybe Lucky is supposed to be shorter than the other Honey Trap characters. If I imagined her sanding up, I doubt she would be as tall as either Derby or Kat-Ya.

Comparing the paint app to prototype images, the factory has performed a good job. The boots don’t look quite as dusty /dirty, everything thing else looks close. The paint app on the hair looks really good. There are many other details, all painted. Which is impressive, when you consider how basic a PCS paint app is in comparison.

There is one major fault with the statue - the eyes. First of all, they don’t compare to the prototype. Secondly, my Lucy has eyes which are not pointing in the same direction. It is annoying. Both my Derby and especially Kat-Ya both have amazing eyes. I was half tempted to send Lucky back. Since Lucky wears silver lens shades, I guess I can live with the issue. Also, no Tags. The other two Honey Trap statues came with metal tags. Lucky don’t appear to ship with tags. Thirdly, I’m not sure why, both Derby and Kat-Ya not only weigh more, but they just feel better. I had read that the Red Whisper is superior to the Grey Whisper, I guess the same applies to Lucky, while being good, is not as good as some of the other statues in the line. When Fireball arrives, I sure hope she matches the quality of both Derby and Kat-Ya

To sum things up. Lucky is pretty good, just not as amazing as Derby or Kat-Ya. The statue serves the purpose of completing the line up. The pose is quite original compared to many statues showing up at the moment.

Her eyes, other than not being 100% straight / looking in the same direction, fail to compare to the prototype.
Other differences include eyebrows. The production piece has her teeth showing?

..if you want be super picky, her hat appears to be positioned in a slighly different position.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote