Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > The Shifletts

Old 06-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

fun at Philly

Word up, just wanted to say the Philly show was fun and thanks to everyone for coming by the booth. Dragonfly came to every panel! Jamie we love you and god bless you for that. We got to see Katie 'Starbuck' Sackhoff from Battlestar and that was cool.
Chis Claremont was there, for anyone my age. Kevin Nash it was kinda cool to see him. Clay Moore had an incredible booth as usual and we did the 'Big Toy Panel' with him and man some other toy luminaries were on stage, Randy Falk, Eric '4 Horseman' Treadwell, Robert Tonner, Chuck T from DST. We should'nt have been up there really because we just haven't done that many toys , aside from that it was fun and an honor. My mom bought this new camera to film that panel but Brandon left it on and the battery was dead. I say Brandon left it on but really I don't know who left it on. He also forgot the portfolio. I say he forgot the portfolio but really I don't know who did it.
Speaking of the 4 Horsemen those are some nice dudes, feels like a community when you're talking with those guys. All the Wizard people are top notch in our book, Rob Baricevic I would walk into hell for at this point. Adam Tracey super cool , Nolan , Justin and a couple of more guys made it a very comfortable show and we honestly felt honored to have been invited.
Joe 'BlackIrish' Menna came by, he brought a very talented girl sculptor named Phoebe who also worked at the US Mint , really nice and classy people. I got to talk to Joe Jusko for a second and that was kind of cool. Other than that I wanted to thank our Mom for coming and helping! Yey! We are totally not devil worshipers. How could we be? Our Mom comes to the shows . See? with the PM's and the devil worshipping. it's just toys! jeez, Thanks again

Jarrod
shiflettbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
TheOldHob
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

So here's the question, did you guys sell any more of the ol' scratch bronzes?
TheOldHob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
J Storm
Birdman

It was cool meeting you guys yesterday. Hopefully, you guys will come to the NYCC one year.
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Storm View Post
It was cool meeting you guys yesterday. Hopefully, you guys will come to the NYCC one year.
What she said!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:50 AM   #5
brandonshiflett
Sculptor
Sculptor

We had a blast at Wizard World Philly. Wizard and ToyFare treated us just great (thanks Rob, Adam, John, and Nolan!).
We got to hang with Clay Moore and The Four Horsemen (thanks for the figures Eric!)

People loved the Bowen stuff as well as the Original stuff. We also had the unproduced Creature from the Black Lagoon and the unproduced Cremator on hand.

TheOldHob...Yes. We sold a bronze. And I bought tons of toys and trade paperbacks. I even scored an autographed Katee "Starbuck" Sackhoff photo. Score!!

Thanks to all the peeps who came out to meet us. It was an honor.

Cheers.
B
www.shiflettbrothers.com
brandonshiflett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:27 AM   #6
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiflettbrothers View Post
but Brandon left it on and the battery was dead. I say Brandon left it on but really I don't know who left it on. He also forgot the portfolio. I say he forgot the portfolio but really I don't know who did it. Jarrod

hhhmmmm.... Brandon seems to be getting all of the blame! You guys related??
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:42 AM   #7
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiflettbrothers View Post
Joe 'BlackIrish' Menna came by, he brought a very talented girl sculptor named Phoebe who also worked at the US Mint , really nice and classy people.
Hey Jarrod, did Phoebe used to work at McFarlane?

Also, how many Scratch bronzes are left? Im saving... but Im about to drop a load on your resin kits at SDCC and I want to know, if by the time I ever get enough saved up, if there will be any left?
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

I think Phoebe did used to work at Mcfarlene yeah, she had some sports figures that were sick. Cool chick, she had actually done a mini Brom piece sketch that we had also worked on for the Franklin Mint awhile back.

Heck yes we have more Bronze Scratch's, they are going fast and furious which we are surprised to see. Email us anytime! and there is some general info on the site. Thanks for the interest-

J
shiflettbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #9
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Do you guys have any pics of the Hulk you sculpted for Bowen? Imean, pics of the original sculpture.?

I just want to make sure that when I get a copy it looks just like the original.
Thanks!

btw...I tried to buy the one at your booth but, I couldn't sway the lady.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote